Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Broadcasting of the Brisbane mini using the mini mini server

gigogig said:
It didn’t go without a hitch but it was successful with 20 users during the show and around 8 webcam users in the open round table, not too bad for a first try.
Here the link for people interested
http://198.60.123.40/playback/slides/playback.html?meetingId=4b72bade9e5c780995b753f8bd1053060fa55d52-1339202503720
for those that missed it, here is the first mini mini minis the video and the whiteboard.
We do plan on doing a new one next week!

Hopefully we will be able to show the Brisbane mini through it next week as it worked very well, so stay tuned. It was great to put some faces to names, thanks for providing this great service that im sure will grow with popularity.

gigogig

gigogig
Re: dmx

"As Gigogig mentioned, today I will be presenting a basic DMX Primer to help newbies and oldies alike. I will be covering the basics of DMX and how it works. [/size]We will discuss....DMX Signal AnatomyDMX Bus ManagementUniverses and Addressing DMX ControllersDMX FixturesExamples of DMX props Future of DMXI will present this from the perspective of classic DMX512 as used in theater and stage applications... with a slant towards the hobbyist. DMX over ethernet will be mentioned but not discussed at length.Look forward to seeing you later today. I welcome all questions.... as this is a learning experience for all.Regards,Brian (lightman)"

gigogig

gigogig
Recap and video link

It went mostly without a hitch and it was successful with 19 users during the show, not bad for a second try while competing with a large mini and the academy.
[/color]Brian (lightman) discussed[/color]
DMX Signal Anatomy
DMX Bus Management
Universes and Addressing DMX Controllers
DMX Fixtures Examples of DMX props
and the Future of DMX
Here the link for people interested the show starts at around the 15 minute mark
http://198.60.123.40/playback/slides/playback.html?meetingId=4b72bade9e5c780995b753f8bd1053060fa55d52-1339807652093
[/color]for those that missed it, here is the second mini mini minis the video and the whiteboard.[/color]
We do plan on doing a new one next week! Just need a presenter, maybe you?

[/color]A big thank you to Brian (lightman) for sharing his knowledge and experience.

gigogig

gigogig
tomorrowa agenda

"for tomorrowa agenda

intro to nutcracker, 10-15 minutes
deep dive into each effect, 30-45 mins. i will go in and describe what each prompt does
A description of the upcoming Nutcracker 2.0. This discussion will show audacity and explain how your nutcracker sequences can by synced to within one frame of your music. You will not need to cut and past into your sequencer anymore.15-30 mins"</blockquote>
Sean

gigogig

gigogig
mini mini # 3 , 4

mini mini # 4 is scheduled at http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=mini+mini+4%3A+HLS+introduction&iso=20120629T18&p1=1956&ah=2
this mini mini will be a HLS introduction by Joe

mini mini # 3 is scheduled
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=mini+mini%3A+nutcracker+software&iso=20120622T18&p1=1956&ah=2
intro to nutcracker, 10-15 minutes
deep dive into each effect, 30-45 mins. Sean will go in and describe what each prompt does
A description of the upcoming Nutcracker 2.0. This discussion will show audacity and explain how your nutcracker sequences can by synced to within one frame of your music. You will not need to cut and past into your sequencer anymore.15-30 mins

gigogig

gigogig
recap

Show # 3 completed, thanks Sean (smeighan) for your presentation on nutcracker it was a great success with 25 audience members, vary happy to see how far it’s come and where it’s going. The open roundtable chat was small with only 6 webcam users but we held onto 15 listeners for an hour. The only unfortunate news is that the recording wasn’t as great as the rest of the systems or people as it didn’t work properly so we at least for now (I will be working on the raw recording files) don’t have any recording to show, sorry to those that missed it.
mini mini # 4 is scheduled at http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=mini+mini+4%3A+HLS+introduction&iso=20120629T18&p1=1956&ah=2
this mini mini will be a HLS introduction by Joe
mini mini # 5 + I’m working on getting some more presenter scheduled for more like a month ahead so everyone knows what’s coming up

gigogig

gigogig
mini mini # 4 is less than 2 hours away!

mini mini # 4 is less than 2 hours away! this mini mini will be a HLS introduction by Joe
to view the schedule goto http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=mini+mini+4%3A+HLS+introduction&iso=20120629T18&p1=1956&ah=2
Reminder the server is here http://abcholidays.serveblog.net/

mini mini # 5 Video Taping Light Shows - Tips and Tricks
by lightman of doityourselfchristmas
view the schedule at http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Video+Taping+Light+Shows+&iso=20120706T18&p1=1956&ah=2

mini mini # 6 industry overview of nearly everything! by AussiePhil of auschristmaslighting
Be warned thins one may run long.
Some things to try to discuss pixel types, diy v off the shelf, 5v v 12v, current draws, power injection (biggy). traditional lights with pixels, making the most of existing investments, and some general look and feel stuff that may lead to even better shows, over and above that i would try to talk on using traditional lights with pixels, making the most of existing investments, and some general look and feel stuff that may lead to even better shows
view the schedule at http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=industry+overview&iso=20120713T18&p1=1956&ah=4

mini mini # 7 + I’m working on getting some more presenter scheduled for more like a month ahead so everyone knows what’s coming up

gigogig

gigogig

gigogig

gigogig
Changes to mini minis

Thanks to all that have attended mini mini’s so far I believe it has been a great success. But like all things there are parts that could use some improvement, so I’m now going to tweak some parts of the system.
One; the name, I never did like the name mini minis but I ran out of time to spend thinking of a better one so I thought that it would be better to move forward with a bad name than to hold everything up for just this. So the runner up change name was Friday night live with Gigogig Hosting witch lost for a couple of reasons, 1 its not frydays for all our users, 2 it want always be done at the same date / time (but we will try), and 3 I gigogig will not always be in attendance as the show must go on with or without me. So this leaves the finalist name change of Online Mini Conference and that’s the new name we will be using instead of mini minis.
Two; the name, I never did like the name “the show” or “open round table” same thing applied to these as the name that covered it all, but these 2 different names were born out of what I perceived as a necessity. The idea was to kick users from one room to another to help with load and with recording but it hasn’t been necessary so the ideas will be there (mostly in the form of flow) but the rooms will be gone in faever of the master room named Online Mini Conference.
Three; the recaps will all be posted together so users won’t need to go looking through the forms for them.
Fore; still on a to-do. We do have a more complete recording of each show (for instance we do have the webcams recorded) but right now our playback is limited, I’ve bean saying it for a while but this will be improved (please be patient).
Five; I’m looking into helping any normal mini broadcast itself using this technology so if your hosting a mini and have intenet there, I would love to help you set this up.
Six; I’m looking into if there is any interest in me setting up a room to be used whenever anyone wants to chat (you know with like audio and a webcam) this would NOT be a replacement for the chats that are on other sites as this would be more for a quick discussions than for logging into all day every day. Also to make this work it would need a password (to keep internet rift raft off of it) but it would not be an account password system as I don’t care to maintain accounts for all of you, instead it would be one master password that would change weekly. Almost like a google hangout but without the need for google accounts.