P2 - 4 Universe Output update?

BillInSoFL

Apprentice elf
Is there any update when the P2 will have 4 Universe output per string? I'm planning my layout and need to make sure I'm going to have this capability soon. Last update I saw was the beginning of September. Probably best to track this in it's own thread since I know many people are waiting for this update.

Thanx!

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
I emailed Ed that question today if I get a reply b4 he answers this I will post it

jediknight2

Full time elf
I emailed him last week and his answer was as follows...

It is 4x per string so total of 8x. it will be later. But later means next week. I'm trying to finish up the 2811 and 4x per string support and REALLY hope it will be done by the 22nd but definitely by the end of September.

That email is from 9/13

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
to all -

finally making good progress on the software updates. WS2811 improved support was just about done yesterday. i'm working on it and the 4x universe per string for ECG-P2 today along with the 2x universe per string for the uDCG-P2 and DCG-P2. i'm also working on the TFTP to UBL updater to allow 'old' P12R/PIXAD8 to switch to the new software without the need of a PK3. i fully expect to release most of thise (maybe not the TFTP to UBL updater) this weekend. so all ECG-P2, and 'new' P12R/PIXAD8 people should be able to start testing the newer features VERY soon.

-Ed

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Thanks for the update Ed, I am looking forward to giving it a good test!

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
i'm working as hard as i can. having a few problems with supporting ALL pixel types on all hardware. not a problem that won't be fixable just taking into account all the permutations and possiblities is taking some more rework than i thought. i hope to have something VERY soon. hopefully BEFORE this weekend so some of you can test this weekend. this will be a new release v2.6 for P2, PIXAD8, P12R that will have the 2811 and the multiple universe on the P2.

-ed

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Yay. Cant wait as I'll have the martix done by tomorrow and ready to test the P2 with multiple universes

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
lithgowlights said:
Yay. Cant wait as I'll have the martix done by tomorrow and ready to test the P2 with multiple universes

And then we can see a video of it in action ;)

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
And then we can see a video of it in action ;)

Yeah I cant wait. 1800 or so LED's installed and less than 300 to go in the morning, so once I finish, do a little work on power, I should be able and ready to kick it in the guts tomorrow afternoon if the code is released. I'll be trying 2 and 3 controllers (Maybe 4 if it struggles) to see how timing is on a screen like this.

Update: Screen is done, waiting on code now :)