ECG-D2

garyh

New elf
Got my new ECG-D2 put 12vdc at 650ma into it and set K3 1-2 and 3-4 jumpered. Set my local IP on this laptop to 10.10.10.1 and can open the config page on the ECG-D2 at 10.10.10.10. I setup the first DMX #1 port, checkmarked ACT, set Universe 1 to 512, Uni2 0, Uni3 0, Uni4 0. Saved the setup and rebooted the controller and the values are in the ECG-D2.
I'm using some HolidayCoro RGB controllers which work fine with my USB Lynx Dongle. So I disconnected the RJ45 cable from the USB Lynx dongle to the RGB controllers and hooked it into #1 on the ECG-D2. Didn't see any lights on the D2 when I plugged the RJ45 in, but since we're only using pins 1 and 2 I didn't expect any lights.
So I fired up xlights and setup the E1.31 and using either multicast or unicast to 10.10.10.10 I can't get the xlights to hardware test. I can plug my USB Lynx dongle back in and the RGB Controllers work fine.
I'm using WinXP on this laptop. Since the RGB controllers continue their default color wash sequence, it doesn't look like they ever see a DMX signal from the D2. As soon as I plug them into the USB Lynx they go dark waiting for the DMX.
Since this is my first shot at E1.31 I probably missed a step (or two). Also setting up the E1.31 in LSP does not work either.
Any ideas?

garyh

New elf
Originally I had the ECG-D2 hooked to the laptop ethernet jack, tried both a cross over cable and non-cross over. Both times I could always access the menu on the ECG-D2. I swapped out the other power supply and went to 19VDC @ 4 amps.
Brought the D2 inside and hooked it to my router, since I couldn't get the alternate network to work in Win7 64, I reconfigured the D2 for the local subnet, 192.168.0.42. That way I can directly pull up the menu on the D2 without going to a static IP.
I've attached screenshots and also my xlights setup. The RGB controllers cover channels DMX 300-314.

Attachments

• ECG-D2-PortConfig.jpg
    ECG-D2-PortConfig.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 73
  • ECG-D2-IPConfig.jpg
    ECG-D2-IPConfig.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 55
  • xlights.jpg
    xlights.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 53

garyh

New elf
thanks to a video by aussiephil, I found the Univ 1 should be 1, not 512 (I was putting channels). So I can control the lights. Seems I need to get a good config for the keep alive part. If the DMX signal is not present, the RGB controllers will cycle through the RGB Colors