ECG-P2 Communication with LOR

johnson8ryley

My idol is ɟɐsʇǝppʎ
I've hit a brick wall of knowledge and hope you guys can fill me with the patches of information I do not have.

I've finally gotten my ECG-P2 to work with my (3) 2811 pixel strips. The testpattern found in the EthConGateway runs very well and I'm pretty happy. The next step is for me to actually get them to communicate with LOR. Currently, the P2 and my computer are connected to a network switch/secondary router. This switch is connected to our main router but it also has about 6 Cat 5 cables coming out of it for other computers in my house. . The P2 is up to date and is on 2.7

I have the LOR Network Preferences set for the 1st and only universe to use E1.31 multicast.

My channels in LOR are setup correctly (DMX universe 1.1 1 1.1 2 1.1 3...etc)

I'm not sure what to do from here. I'm trying to play a test sequence I have programmed for the 2811 strings but I feel like I'm either missing something or have set up something wrong. Anything I haven't mentioned in this thread, I haven't done so I may have missed a critical step for all I know.

Below are pictures of everything from J1SYS internet interface to LOR sequencer.
*If you guys need more photos, I'll be glad to post them*

http://i.imgur.com/w9PYtjp.png
http://i.imgur.com/HfPbUv9.png
http://i.imgur.com/f6axahR.png
http://i.imgur.com/4r8g4dK.png

harrison0550

Full time elf
Ensure the conrol panel is loaded and shows are disabled. Also make certain control lights is checked in the sequencer. Lastly hook up your usb485 to a usb port. There are steps you can take to not need the usb485 hooked up but honestly its just as easy to plug it up and let it hang there. Let us know.

johnson8ryley

My idol is ɟɐsʇǝppʎ
You guys should be aware that I edited my original post to say that my computer and P2 are hooked up to a network switch/secondary router in case that makes any difference.

LOR control panel is running and is set to control lights. As for the USB 485 adapter, I'm a bit confused as to what you want me to do. You literally want me to just hook it up and let it hang there? Just checking.

harrison0550

Full time elf
yup just plug it up and let it hang there. If you have ever setup lor to output from it in the past it will look for it before allowing playback. You can change this but like I said its just as easy to plug it up. Doesnt need to be hooked to anything just plugged into usb.

johnson8ryley

My idol is ɟɐsʇǝppʎ
Wow, I can't believe that actually made it work! LOR popped up a cmd prompt window entitled LORCommListener and sure enough, it actually played it to my pixels! What an easy fix and it makes sense that it would only work with that dongle plugged in. I'm content with just leaving it how it is considering I have 4 LOR boxes that will need the dongle plugged in when my show runs. Thanks for the help guys! Unfortunately, it looks like my Red is playing blue and my blue is playing Green but that might just be my P2 settings.

harrison0550

Full time elf
Right on! Glad it worked for ya. I try not to tell folks the work around for removing the LOR dongle from the network settings because just like in your case you may want to use it to output LOR with it latter. So best practice IMHO is just to let it hang there.

johnson8ryley

My idol is ɟɐsʇǝppʎ
While this wasn't my original problem, a new problem has been discovered. After getting the right setting in the P2 as to what RGB should be, my first pixel is repeating the same output to the rest of the pixels. I think this is again a simple P2 configuration fix but this time I'm not sure what to change.

Below is a picture of my current configuration:
http://i.imgur.com/6Xk0iDA.png

johnson8ryley

My idol is ɟɐsʇǝppʎ
Andy, I should mention that I appreciated your videos you recently put up of setting up your P2. I would've been lost without them so thanks a bunch!

johnson8ryley

My idol is ɟɐsʇǝppʎ
Nevermind, I figured out that I should've only had the first check mark box checked and instead of 50 pixels, I needed 150 pixels which would include all 3 strings. I thought you needed to check 3 boxes, 1 for each pixel. Thanks everyone for the quick fix. I've finally gotten my strings working!

guysmilez

New elf
i am at a similar problem i got test pattern working and all the lor settings the same as the pics from freebird. i cant get lor to control lights. everytime i hit play it unchecks itself. i think its because i dont have the usb 485 plugged in. my only problem is i dont have it with me and am not able to get it right now but would like to still play with ym new rgb sequences. i searched and couldnt find a link to make lor control light without usb dongle. is there a post im missing?