2013 ACL Christmas Card Swap

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Where has 2013 gone? If found, please return! I seemed to have done something silly like get pregnant which has resulted in a tinny person who cries, poops and pees. He is adorable, but a huge drain on my time, how rude! ;) Thanks to Alec who pointed out how popular this is, so happy to have a distraction.

So what’s a Christmas CardSwap? You submit your name and address, your details are then given to other people in the swap and you’re given 10 other names and addresses. You then send those 10 people a Christmas Card and you’ll also receive Christmas Cards from other people. Easy.I haven’t kept any names from previous years, so if you would like to participate again you will have to resubmit your details. Cost is a pack of cards – this can be as cheap or as expensive as you like, there’s nothing wrong with a pack of $2 cards – and the cost of postage to some local and some international destinations. There is no guarantee on the final cost of postage - you could end up with a lot of international post, especially if there aren't a lot of participants from your neck of the woods. Hopefully your postal service offers discounted postage for seasonal mail.

To participate in the CardSwap PM me your NAME, SCREEN NAME (if you would like it included – if you don’t type your screen name it will not be revealed to other participants), POSTAL ADDRESS and EMAIL ADDRESS (so your list can be emailed to you – if you do not supply an email address, your list will be sent via PM). In the past people have included their spouse's name or specified "The Smith Family", this is quite alright to do. So if you would like cards addressed specifically to you and a partner or your family, please mention it in your PM.

Due date will be MONDAY 18TH NOVEMBER and names will be handed out by MONDAY 25TH NOVEMBER. Names will not be kept and your details will be deleted at the end of December. Each year I get one or two people who swear black and blue they got their name in before the due date but I don't have a record of their PM. . . . this year I won't be accepting any late comers it's just too hard to include. I always send a PM confirming I have received your details, if you don't received a PM from me confirming receipt of your details assume I didn't get your original PM and send it again. If I don't have you in my inbox or a confirmation PM in my sent items, sorry you missed the boat an you'll have to wait for next year.

I'm always asked if it's possible to get the whole list to send cards to everyone not just 10 people. That's not a problem, 10 has been chosen to make it easy for lots of people to participate (you already know how expensive christmas lights as a hobby can be!), be aware that it can be a big list. If you'd like to send everyone on the list a card just let me know in your PM that you'd like the entire list. Hope as many people as possible participate, it's becoming more popular each year – guaranteed to make you look windswept and interesting as you receive cards from across the world!!

Cheers,Ingrid

ron d

Apprentice elf
No time to jump in but i remember you doing this back in like 08-10 or something and taking part. Really great thing you started ingred and congrats on the little 2 legger. I have a pair of 2 leggers and a pair of 4 leggers(german shephards) now.

Your holidays will be better then ever!