Cheap connectors

Tabor

Full time elf
Hello

I just ordered a whole heap of "Deans" Connectors for my lights from Ebay.
They are high current connectors used for RC cars.

When I got my package there was a flyer inside for the Hobby store they cam from.

They are having a "SALE" with 50% of connectors, wire and accessories.

The website is www.hobbyunicorn.com.au

The two categories that are on sale are "Plugs" and "Wire and Accessories"

On checkout put "CHEAPPLUGS" into the coupon field.

I am not anyway involved with the website.

Mike

CLAP infected!
Tabor I got some off him last week.

Really easy to solder and he gives you HEAPS of heat shrink to go with it.

Got quoted $7.95 for each set(1 pair) from the hobby shop down near me. So these are a real bargain.

HobbyUnicorn

New elf
Hi, I noticed some referrals coming in from this forum so I thought I would drop in and say hi.

I was a bit perplexed when I learnt these plugs were used for Christmas Light projects, but I can certainly see how they are the best option.

I once had a customer purchase 20kg of plugs for a rather large project, I can only imagine how many lights would be involved!

Thanks for the positive feedback, as Tabor mentioned, there is a sale currently.

As a thanks for your support, I have created a 60% off coupon that will never expire. Just use "LIGHTFORUM" during checkout, and it will give you a 60% discount on Deans T Plugs

Mike

CLAP infected!
Thanks again for the 100 I ordered the other week, arrived fine and work really well. Although I do see myself running out of these pretty quick, will be ordering more soon

thanks for the Discount!

HobbyUnicorn

New elf
chilloutdocdoc said:
I know these are DC rated most likely, but does anybody know a voltage limit?

These are rated at 30A DC, but most people run them anywhere up to 60A

Many people use them on 50V helicopter systems, and I cannot see a Christmas light rig require more voltage than that.

I would not consider these plugs safe to use with AC Current.

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Hobbyunicorn

Thank you for your discount coupon it is appreciated.

I personally have been using Traxxas connectors on all my power supply connections this year and found them to be excellent. Easy to solder and assemble.

As far as voltage ratings it is normal for items rated for DC use to typically carry a 32V AC rating if not otherwise specified.

Cheers
Aussiephil

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Thanks for confirming the rating driver, but i would think they are OK as they look very similar to the ones used on my old deers that have 240v running through them.