Latest project

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Olaf has a friend. Pinterest Buble

http://youtu.be/dbXXW1pVfwg

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Logan do you use papagayo to help get the lip syncing right or is there a lip syncing program incorporated into LSP.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
The lip syncing is just done by me going through the song word by word. I'm sure I look pretty strange silently mouthing words as I go to see which mouth shape fits best for each word. Found Papgayo difficult to use.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
The inside of the tree

rasagare.jpg

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Logan do you have to supply power from both ends for that amount of pixels or can you get away with one end only. I see you have cables at each end of the run. Is it 80 odd pixels in the tree.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Power inject at the beginning and the end. Yes 80 pixel modules in there

Baf05

Full time elf
Hi mate these look amazing.

I hope you don't mind but I have used your pics to make my own tree, I was looking for the video but it does not seem to exist anymore, chance of reposting it?

Also I was wondering about Olfs, eyes, did you only put the black on the pack board, or was that also placed on the rear of the front peace too?

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Hi Baf,
Thanks.
The video that has disappeared was just an update of how the face looked when running and not actually about the build process as such. I hope ( if I get the time) to make a quick vid about how to build it but in the meantime there are just the pics earlier in this thread about the build progress.
The black at the back of Olafs eyes is actually just coloured in on the back board with black vivid pen. The eyebrows are black coro stuck on the inside of the front piece of coro. For the Xmas tree I didn't colour the back of the eyes black which I think was a mistake as his eyes disappear almost completely when he blinks as opposed to Olafs which look more like a blink. Since the whole face is lit up with lights, a blink is actually a " lights on" rather than a "lights off".
As you can see from the pic previously of the tree you can add features to the face like I did with eyebrows to give more expression at times. I added the other eyebrow before finishing him.
I like the fact that these are pretty light to move around, stand up ok to weather and, being pixels, you can manipulate parts of any face you make such as moving eyebrows, flushing cheeks, making a carrot nose appear with a sneeze.
When programming in LSP, just make each facial feature a separate element as per the screen shot posted earlier in the thread.
I tidied up my YouTube account so that's why some vids are missing. I will try and find the closeup vid of the tree singing.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi Logan.
I too would be interested to see your tree video close up. I'd like to know how the eyes look/work with just a single pupil. I'd like to animate them l-r but this means the centre section looks smaller and odd shaped.