Microsoft customer support

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
LMAO

Qiang Fu Kiwi said:
I told them to ring AAH, and gave them his phone number, because he has lots of windows computers and definatley needs help.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I've been on the do not call register for a few years now. The only calls I get are from charities (who are still allowed to call), from Telstra and other service companies who I deal with and a whole heap of calls from Microsofts Indian call Centre. I suppose the fact that I have 6 computers running Windows is why there is a problem with 1 of them all the time and they need to call me. Google never calls to say that I have problem with any of my Android devices though :(

scamper

Dedicated elf
yep, Do not call is only for legit companies.
I have got a lot of calls from Google trying to sell me advertising etc, I don't know if it is legit or not, but a very loud F Off is usually all they get! I did attempt to be nice in the beginning with "I am not interested and please take me off your call list"
But after the 5th or 6th time, I lost patience.

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
I'm sad to say I've never had one of these calls :'( However my Mum did a few months back. She asked which computer they were talking about because she has two (true)? This must have deviated from their script because she had a cracker of a conversation with them to get them to specifically identify which one had the problem. In the end I think she said something like "I don't think you're legitimate" and hung up on them. The icing on the cake was she called me straight away to double check if was MS "I knew it sounded fishy, but do you think there's something wrong with my computer?". :D

damo1271

Full time elf
I like to play games with these callers. I have two rules to my 'game'.
1. I must keep them on the line as long as possible
2. They must hangup on me without me being rude!

My best so far was 36 minutes before they gave up on me.

I have also tried this "counter script". Its quite good fun. http://egbg.home.xs4all.nl/counterscript.html
Unfortunately the lady caller with the Indian accent didn't seem to know what toothpaste was.