Caught my first thiefs on camera!!!!

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Morning all

Well, setup my DVR & 2 outdoor cameras last Monday and have already caught my first thiefs lol.

Theft%20of%20CandyCane_zpscg4thgf5.mp4
http://vid126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/Toby3_photo/Xmas%20lighting/Miscellaneous/Theft%20of%20CandyCane_zpscg4thgf5.mp4

Turns out it was a hens-party dare lol. Yesterday the ladies in question drove up in their 4WD with my Candy cane sticking out of the window, of course I thought wtf? Thought it must have blown away or something, then realized it cant have as its threaded onto a long piece of rebar.

They were wholeheartedly apologetic, was rather funny. Course I havent tested it yet to see if its working, wont be so funny if its not working, cant hear any modules rattling around tho so might be OK. Apparently they woke up on the morning to see it on the floor and also thought....WTF is that?

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Funny and disturbing at the same time. They seemed to spend a bit of time disconnecting it and not just ripping it out of the ground and running so hopefully it still works. Which was the bride to be... hoody or tutu?

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Well done Shell. I've had stuff stolen, along with some of the the neighbor's and the idiot put it outside his house 10 doors down, go figure......
Are you just testing your lights, looks like they are on?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Is there a sequel coming out any time soon? Cane: The Return

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Advantage of the cameras... No doubt. Hopefully last for the season for you.

benzor84

Apprentice elf
ahahaha this is gold.
glad no candy canes where harmed in the making of that video.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Im not sure which one the bride was to be honest :)

No the lights weren't on nzfellow

They actually walked past at 1.26am, stopped and looked then went away, then at 2am they came back and performed the abduction of my beloved cane.

JerryPlak

New elf
ShellNZ said:
Im not sure which one the bride was to be honest :)

No the lights weren't on nzfellow

They actually walked past at 1.26am, stopped and looked then went away, then at 2am they came back and performed the abduction of my beloved cane.

:mad: :(

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Tomorrow the footage of Shell sneaking into a venue and stealing a bouquet will be uploaded :laugh:

Karob

Let there be Light!
Hope the cane still works.

Maybe play the footage on your matrix screen at night time to warn the others you will be seen.

Glad they returned the cane tho, most drunks would destroy evidence of their drunken crimes

Plumberman911

New elf
Wow, they were there for awhile to. I can't stand thieves. I get hit every so often on my work truck. Now I worry about my lights. It was on the news last year several houses were hit losing a lot of their lights. Glad the cane came back. More of a prank than thieving, good thing. I hope it works!