Fuses and fire

Boof63

Senior elf
Can some one please show actual photos of fuse types used and where they have been placed,
I understand sizes will vary depending on draw etc.
reason for this I had my first smoke turn to fire in a module tonite, a little scary. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
1. Fuse types and locations please.
2 if using two different psu (opposite ends of house - how do I wire up please so I don't cook anything)
3 if getting power to pix4 and matrix on roof , do I
a. run 12 volt from psu on ground upto roof and pix 4 & matrix
b. run 240 volt to pix4 and psu x2 on roof (metal roof)- so its close to matrix
Cheers and thanks
Boof63

viennaxmas

New elf
In the top right corner you can see an automotive fuse holder with ATC fuses for the low voltage side.

For next year I am considering adding fuses on the high voltage side as well. At the moment I rely on the panel breaker / GFCI for that but I wanted to at least have something on the low voltage side...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416493728.555643.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416493728.555643.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 115

viennaxmas

New elf
For the question where to place the Power supply: as close as possible to the pix matrix otherwise you will either need super sized cables or you will lose to much voltage

Boof63

Senior elf
Thanks for the photo, I have fuses only for 12 volt to power injection, thanks for tip and product Viennaxmas. as for roof power, understand would need large cable to run from ground level , but is doing that safer than running 240v/10map extension cord across the roof. (could I use same extension cord for 12 volt run -cut off plugs etc?)
cheers and thanks again
Boof63

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Try use a lead long enough so it can run from the roof to an internal power point for the 240v. You want as little distance as possible between 12v supplies & the lights so voltage drop doesn't become an issue.
Here's another pic. This is 1 meter from my mini trees.
8V4CsOPI

gerry

Senior elf
Exactly my thoughts.

Despite 'cleaning' my setup it still looks like a bit like a teenagers bedroom (no offence meant) compared to the picture posted :)

Boof63

Senior elf
thanks for the pix , really put me to shame fellas, LOL,
always aspire to better , thanks Boof63

J

New elf
If i was worried about running 240V on the roof i would supply it with 24 or 36v and use dc-dc voltage converters to drop it down at the modules/controllers.