Tips on large pixel matrix installation

eastertime

New elf
Hello,

I have posted the following in another forum but was also wondering what members have to advise here.

Could anyone offer any tips or things to look out for when building a large matrix? The matrix specifications are:[/size]Dimensions: 6 meters X 3 meters, divided in 10 cm pixels, a total of 1800 pixelsLED: Strings of WS2811, 12V, bullet pixel node, 12mmController: T300-KAny tips also regarding refresh rate when connecting such a large number of pixels?[font=verdana, arial, tahoma, calibri, geneva, sans-serif]Thanks![/font]

mborg10

Michael Borg
1800 pixels should be fine. My mega tree is 2016 pixels ws2811 dc12v running of a P12r from jysys. Thru a standard $20 router Refresh rate won't be an issue.

If your making a matrix 6m x 3m out of solid construction be careful it doesn't become a giant wind sale.

Pixel spacing might be an issue At 10cm to see images it will be best viewed from about 20m's away or across the street in my case.

eastertime

New elf
Thank you for the reply.

The construction will be fixed permanently on a wall so size is not an issue in this regard.

Thanks for the response.

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
My matrix has 2540 pixels at 35mm spacing. I run it off 2 x 350Watt power supplies as I never run everything on full white.
4 channels on a Pixlite 4.

eastertime

New elf
Thank you for the replies. Has anyone here built a pixel matrix using acrylic perspex or plexiglass as a front cover? I have calculated as ideal individual pixel dimensions of every pixel as 80mmx80mmX100mm(Depth), for each pixel node, taking into account lumens of the 12V pixel node and beam width. However I may be wrong. Has anyone had any experience with installation such as this?

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
If laying the matrix on the side of a pitched roof, i'd double the spacing between each row.

Then it'll be easier to see when standing on the ground. Much like how they distort the aspect for signs on football fields so it looks better on camera.