What acrylic tube does

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
nzlongfellow said:
Haha sorry roo.
These were bought in a bulk buy from China. People paid $20 for a 3m long tube. I have 100 left but the price won't be $20 because of hidden costs I got slugged with. I'll work out a price soon and how many I actually want to sell.
R u going to the Sydney Mini Michael?
Sure am

Would you have some to sell me to bring back to NZ?

mborg10

Michael Borg
I worked out the new price for after the bulk buy and I'm comfortable with $30 a tube. Can you get 3m tubes in your luggage?

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
My brother has just retired from 40 years baggage handling and says that 3m bundle is not a problem. Can always take a saw. :(
Might be a problem on the train though. ::)
Do you have 10 tubes to sell me seeing the NZ$ is so good Michael?

mborg10

Michael Borg
nzlongfellow said:
My brother has just retired from 40 years baggage handling and says that 3m bundle is not a problem. Can always take a saw. :(
Ok cool, i could always pre cut them if you like. I'll bundle 10 up and wrap them in bubble wrap. They only weigh just over 1kg each

mborg10

Michael Borg
Acrylic tube keeps even the youngest critics entertained.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430029193.094702.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430029193.094702.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 47

mborg10

Michael Borg
Don't mind the kink, still practicing the bending process. They are looking good and attracted a new fan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLWyeTEHxRs

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
nzlongfellow said:
Ok cool, i could always pre cut them if you like. I'll bundle 10 up and wrap them in bubble wrap. They only weigh just over 1kg each

Michael, can I be a pain and get you to cut 1m off the ends of my 10 tubes so i have 10 x 2m and 10 x 1m pieces. We can then wrap the 1m pieces along the 2m pieces. I will get some glad wrap and do it at the mini if you don't have time. 2m will be easier on the plane and I only need 1m tubes for my planned display.
Cheers

mborg10

Michael Borg
nzlongfellow said:
nzlongfellow said:

Michael, can I be a pain and get you to cut 1m off the ends of my 10 tubes so i have 10 x 2m and 10 x 1m pieces. We can then wrap the 1m pieces along the 2m pieces. I will get some glad wrap and do it at the mini if you don't have time. 2m will be easier on the plane and I only need 1m tubes for my planned display.
Cheers
I'll give it a go. I haven't cut any yet. I am buying a band saw but my GM hasn't released the funds for that yet. Not sure if a drop saw will splinter the tube but we will see

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
whats the diameter of these tubes compared to the tint tubes we get?
also can your bending process be done with the tint tubes?

love the arch, but your right with the kink in it.. but im sure , you'll perfect it soon

B_P_J

Full time elf
Got mine last night, thanks again Michael they look amazing, cant wait to get the bending process started, was nice meeting you finally and will be talking with you at the Syd Mini,
And Roo yes i have your 3 as well, i will message you later to organize maybe stopping in sometime over the weekend, if thats ok with you,
i am still thinking about the bend process on my side... hmmm what to dooo... i was thinking to make these into Candy canes a pipe bender would be good for the sharp bend but no good for the arches... heated sand and a pipe bender.... thoughts.... do i get a few more and make 1m canes... see Michael look what you have done to me....