Jumping all in with a mega tree.

Kitman

Full time elf
Hi i13, yes I will be ordering a Sandevice to run all of these strings for my tree, I will actually be getting 2 but have to wait till next pay day as I have no funds left now lol.

Then I need to build the controller cause ordering it as a kit which makes it cheaper and then see if any pixels don't work, maybe even get a tester before I get the controller so I can atleast try the strings but funds are an issue now.

Will wait and see how things go.

Kitman

Full time elf
Well it's like Christmas in July at my place. 20 strings of 100 pixels, 2 500 watt power supplies, pig tail leads, 2 sandevice e682 kits and 3 e6804 kits ready to solder up and start testing the light strings and seeing blinky lights. So excited but no time to do anything.

Kitman

Full time elf
So I have managed to get a little time to start putting my tree together and ordering some bits and pieces and getting my raspberry pi sorted out.

Ordered a little 12v to 5v converter with micro usb on to power my raspberry pi and it works a charm off my 12v power supply, also clipped all of the lights into the pixel strips went with spacing of 3 holes so a pixel then skip 2 and then next pixel, 47 pixels per strand and 32 strands in total running them up and back for each connector on the e682.

Ordered some DS18B20 temp sensors that will connect to the raspberry pi and go inside my enclosure to keep an eye on the temp (wanted to do it for my own sake only cost me $22 for 10 sensors and little circuit boards) so we will be programming them up soon when they come.

Few progress shots so far. Have also run some patterns through vixen and seen all the lights working now to make a tree out of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0399_edit.jpg
    IMG_0399_edit.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0400_edit.jpg
    IMG_0400_edit.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0401_edit.jpg
    IMG_0401_edit.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32