Cant get an output using Ws2811 and LSP

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Can you upload an image of the LSP e1.31 config as the one you previously showed does not look like it was mapped correctly for the channels you used in LSP

kane

Dedicated elf
Firstly, if you haven't already done it, I'd highly recommend using the test output on the p12s to check things. This removes software from the equation, and just tests the wiring and protocol configuration. If this works 100%, then you can move on to dealing with the software side of things.

Assuming all ok on the wiring & protocol configuration in test mode, the config suggest you've hooked up to the following outputs on the p12 - is that correct?

Output 1 - strip - not working
Output 8 - candy cane - WORKING
Output 10 - snow kid - not working

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
This is how I see it

the LSP channels starting at 1 are mapped to Universe 1 and output from output 1

the LSP channels starting at 3585 are mapped to Universe 8 and output from output 8

the LSP channels starting at 4609 are mapped to Universe 10 and output from output 10

Is this correct

gerry

Senior elf
Hi,

Agree with Kane .
Use the controller test mode first.
The if that works and u have one out of three working , you can swap the working item to the non working item and see if that helps
then you could try the DA_131 utility to see if the address is correct.

BTW , I cant see anything obviously wrong with the parameters you have that would cause an entire output not to work.

livetoride

Full time elf
Kane said:
Firstly, if you haven't already done it, I'd highly recommend using the test output on the p12s to check things. This removes software from the equation, and just tests the wiring and protocol configuration. If this works 100%, then you can move on to dealing with the software side of things.

Assuming all ok on the wiring & protocol configuration in test mode, the config suggest you've hooked up to the following outputs on the p12 - is that correct?

Output 1 - strip - not working
Output 8 - candy cane - WORKING
Output 10 - snow kid - not working

Have tested from the p12 test mode and everything works, Have also tested using Xlights all channel test mode which also works perfectly its just lsp! Yes your correct there Kane thats what how im trying to setup!

Fasteddy said:
This is how I see it

the LSP channels starting at 1 are mapped to Universe 1 and output from output 1

the LSP channels starting at 3585 are mapped to Universe 8 and output from output 8

the LSP channels starting at 4609 are mapped to Universe 10 and output from output 10

Is this correct

Yes eddy that's correct!

gerry said:
Hi,

Agree with Kane .
Use the controller test mode first.
The if that works and u have one out of three working , you can swap the working item to the non working item and see if that helps
then you could try the DA_131 utility to see if the address is correct.

BTW , I cant see anything obviously wrong with the parameters you have that would cause an entire output not to work.

Thanks again Gerry, I have tested the controller and everything works. Have switched Universe 8 (working) with Universe 1(Not working) for it to continue to work on Universe 8 and not output one so its not my elements/strips.

I might look at using another sequencing software if LSP keeps giving me issues! I will look at the DA_131 program you talked about gerry now!

Thanks again everyone for the help!

gerry

Senior elf
Most puzzling !
If output 8 is working , you could try changing the channel numbers of 1 to run after those of your current ones in 8 and se what happens.
You should only have to canoe in one place ie the ulk renumber.

livetoride

Full time elf
Could this be a lsp issue or a hardware issue? I might change to a different sequencing software if its going to keep giving me grief like this.

Ill be trying your suggestion shortly Gerry!

livetoride

Full time elf
Testing the lsp output via right clicking on the element and clicking test output.

Ive also test all the outputs via nutcracker which they all worked with out any issues. I haven't had a chance to have another look but I plan to this afternoon!

arw01

Full time elf
There was a recent thread on facebook and it turned out to be config related to using a USB dongle. Apparently if you were using (in this case) only 3 channels for testing, you needed to set the config in both for only 3 channels instead of all 512.

I've seen NOT drawing in the visualizer the element with it's channels cause NO output.