Info for Android Tapatalk users

spindle

Learning the hard way!
Hi All,

I thought that I would check if there is a certain version of tapatalk app that we should be using that works with the forum.

I had the recent problem of my android phone going to the big grave yard in the digital sky which forced a purchase of a new phone.

I am usually good with my backups but in this case I did not have a backup of the of tapatalk app version that I was using.

Anyway 1 new phone later and going through the process of getting everything working I had installed the current version of Tapatalk (Ver. 4.15.8) and when I went to connect to the AusChristmasLighting forum it would say "connecting to server" with the spinning wheel of pain.

Thought it was just me but I could connect to FalconChristmas, diychristmas.org, Do It Yourself Christmas. xLights/Nutcracker however was the same as AusChristmasLighting.

Left it for a day or so and then saw that Tapatalk had Ver. 4.15.10, cool thought this might fix the issue, wrong!

Did a quick Google search and found a site with genuine APK files http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/tapatalk-inc/tapatalk/tapatalk-4-9-5-apk/

Loaded Ver.4.9.5 and guess what I can now connect to the forum using tapatalk (plus all the other ones including xlights/Nutcracker)

Just thought that this might help someone else out if they have a similar issue on the Android platform

livetoride

Full time elf
Thanks for the info - I have the latest tapatalk and have no issues so it might be different for everyone!

spindle

Learning the hard way!
Thanks for the feedback guys I guess it is just my situation that is causing the issue. I will stick with the version that works for me.