Falcon Player - forcing Composite Video Out

Richie4540

Full time elf
Hi, i have just started with video and have set up 2 raspberry 2's with Falcon Player , and loaded video, and playlists and scripts to get it all going.

So I have a switched input that fires off the video playlist which will be used at Halloween to scare people, this all works in glorious harmony via HDMI output - I can restart the Pi and it boots up and alls well and plays each time its triggered.

However i want to be able to play one of the videos through the composite output (for an older projector) and have been trying to get the player to do this reliably. I have so far only been able to get composite to display by holding the shift key on starup and pressing the 3 button - I have then tried to edit the config.txt file to force it to display in composite and not default to hdmi output, but doing this doesnt want to work - and after rebooting I get no display,

Has anyone suceeding in doing this with a Pi2?

regards Richie

dpitts

Apprentice elf
Have you disconnected the HDMI output. The PI I think will send out the HDMI if it detects a device connected to HDMI connector.

Richie4540

Full time elf
Yes each time I have swapped connections and performed a reboot with the composite connection made to the tv or projector with the correct input selected on the TV or projector - I have also checked the cable connections and the cable I have the video is actually coming out of the Red connector, so I am using this connected to the video input on the Tv or projector. I have also removed the hdmi cable from the Pi2

So its a config setup issue - I am not sure if the FPP when it boots modifies the config file or not???

Regards Richie