3.x Vixen profile

Rstar95

New elf
Help
Can any one tell me what the file is called / extension that holds profile information?
Vixen crashed last night and all my elements and controllers have disappeared from my Christmas profile.
Thanks
Graeme

adski

Dave Brown
Graeme, the profile is not a single file - it's the entire collection of files in the ....\Documents\Vixen 3 directory (by default). It's a good idea to backup that directory regularly.

One thing you can try is deleting the file
C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Vixen\TimedSequenceEditorForm.xml

It sometimes gets corrupted, and when it does, strange things can happen. Deleting it results in a clean re-build of the file - the only thing you lose are your window sizes and positions - easy to fix if necessary.

Dave

Rstar95

New elf
Thanks Dave but I don't seem to have the folder. I've tried reinstalling vixen. But still don't have any elements. I guess we're going to have a dark Christmas this year[emoji53]

i13

Dedicated elf
I'm sure you have the folder but reinstalling Vixen might have wiped/reset it for all I know - I'm NOT going to test whether that happens. It is just located in what I thought was a weird place. Go to Computer or This PC depending on which Windows version you have and the Documents folder should be there. The Documents folder is viewable by default when you first open File Explorer too.

adski

Dave Brown
The AppData folder is hidden by default. In file explorer, go to View - Options, and select "Show hidden files ....." in the View tab. You should then be able to find the TimedSequenceEditorForm.xml file. Delete it - your work could still be there, although the more you've tried, the more likely it's been overwritten.

Good luck
Dave

GCAllan

New elf
All I can say is thank goodness for backups. Microsoft applied an update to my Windows 10 computer last night and rebooted it.

Controller config - Gone
Patching - Gone
Schedules - Gone
Preview - Gone

Restored from latest backup, all good again

Just wondering if anyone knows why this would have happened. Vixen 3 was open at the time. Glad it was after the show had stopped.

Al