Sydney/NSW 2016 Sydney Mini June 4-5: Register Now!!!!

B_P_J

Full time elf
Re: Sydney Mini 2016 april/may we want your feedback

not yet but will keep you posted if I can sort anything soon,

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator

definitely interested in attending Sydney Mini - as a first timer I need all the help I can get :-\
Sorry can't help with any of the technical details or doing a presentation, but willing to stack chairs or serve cake.

roo

Full time elf

Id be there rain hail or shine any dates are fine with me. My 3rd year always come out with a sore head of information, count me in! My topic suggestion would be soldering

Hobes

beneath the Southern Cross

just wanting to know , how this meet is going. Parra is cool with me, but I am not here for Anzac Weekend.,

Benslights

Dedicated elf

we are still looking for a location.

as no one has gotten back to me at this stage.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

BensChristmasLights said:
we are still looking for a location.

as no one has gotten back to me at this stage.

Its a real shame that we cant get a place this year, lets hope we don't end up like Melbourne last year which had issues organising a venue

Does anyone have any suggestions for a venue this year if the fish markets or the Parra options don't come through. Are there any members that have the space to be able to host such an event

keithsw1111

Senior elf

I for one would pay a cover charge to attend if that's the only way we can get a venue.

talk2coxie

Full time elf

There is an off chance we could use Liverpool Golf Club's function room, but they will bump us if they get a booking for a wedding or paying function.

What dates are we looking at? I can try and find out if they have anything locked in.

If this goes ahead, they won't allow BYO drinks of any kind but they will have a bistro and bar open the entire time for coffee, food and drinks all day. Will make it easy to cater for seeing people just buy what they consume.

mborg10

Michael Borg

talk2coxie said:
There is an off chance we could use Liverpool Golf Club's function room, but they will bump us if they get a booking for a wedding or paying function.

What dates are we looking at? I can try and find out if they have anything locked in.

If this goes ahead, they won't allow BYO drinks of any kind but they will have a bistro and bar open the entire time for coffee, food and drinks all day. Will make it easy to cater for seeing people just buy what they consume.

Keep us posted Coxie.
As mentioned before, I don't mind paying a cover charge for room hire before the event. I know we like to make things cheap but you have to pay everywhere else you go.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Re: Sydney Mini 2016 april/may at Sydney Fish Markets

Well good news Everyone we are having the Sydney Mini Back at the Sydney fish markets.

we have limited weekends that we can have it on. I am just working these dates out with Shire and will post these dates shortly

also do we want 1 or 2 days???

keithsw1111

Senior elf

We did 2 last year ... is there really less to go over ... we could do 2 days on xLights effects alone :)

Troy ELD

Full time elf
Community project designer

With the amount of new things out there these days i wouldnt mind a 2 day deal again.

Thanks to Shire for the venue again!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

This is great news and we appreciate Ben and Shire for organising the venue

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator

Great news looking forward to it.

I'm happy for 2 days, though if the second day is 1st May I'll have to miss it.
Whilst my partner is reasonably happy for me to be spending the time and money on my blinky habit, I think she'd throw me out of the house if I missed her high tea lunch birthday party. o_O

Brett82

New elf

Just my two cents, but I'm happy for 1 or 2 days. Though two days gives me longer to annoy more people with a hundred questions! Whatever works for everyone else. I'll be there to soak up info, but am happy to help with the logistics if needed.