Latest boards

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I have 2 new boards that will soon be in production. I am waiting to finish a 3rd one before I send them off. The 2 new ones are both 18 channel dmx controlled dc boards. The DMX18 controls 18 channels of dumb lights or relays or whatever. The DMX2-18 controls 9 2 wire LED strings like Big W, Bunnings Lytworx and lots of others. The boards are both about 95mm square (approx 3.7")
I expect I will get them shipping early April as I need to get boards made, firmware written, manuals written and webpages done between now and them.
I haven't worked out pricing on them yet but they should both come in under the price of a LOR CM16D even with the 2 extra channels :)

Attachments

• DMX18.jpg
    DMX18.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 83
  • DMX2-18.jpg
    DMX2-18.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 71

diyer

Full time elf
Hi Alan,
No doubt you will have a supply for sale at the mini, I better bring some $$

AAH

I've now got 2 more boards that will get designed up before my next board run. A pixel cape for the Raspberry Pi and a P10 cape also for the Pi. Hoping to get a real time clock implemented into both to allow for standalone operation.

AAH

The P10 panel board got finished this afternoon :)
3 strings of P10 panels. The maximum number of panels is controlled by FPP but it should be enough for a lot of applications.
Tentatively called rPI-P10 at the moment.

Attachments

• rPI-P10.jpg
    rPI-P10.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 47

CaptainMurdoch

Apprentice elf
Once I get my panels setup I want to test bumping up the max panels limit to see how it looks. The limit is just in the UI so it is easy I bypass and test. The library author claims 12 or more per output can be supported but the refresh rate will suffer when you start getting that hig. The number he mentioned was 100hz I think and I think we are at around 400 now so I put in a safe limit in the FPP UI until the library code has had more testing in FPP.

Homer2014

Apprentice elf
I'll take a couple of DMX2 boards AAH when they are ready, depending on the price that is..... :D

AAH

Just finished the final board for this pcb run. Another Pi cape/hat. This 1 is the rPi-28D. Named because it is for the Raspberry Pi (rPi) and has 1 2801 pixel output, 2 2811 pixel outputs and 1 DMX output. The Pi and rPi-28D can be powered from the hat/cape via either 12V or 5V or alternately everything can be run via the Pi. It also has a real time clock to allow standalone scheduled shows.

Attachments

• rPi-28D.jpg
    rPi-28D.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 46

AAH

I loaded up the 4 new boards over the weekend. After testing they will be up on my site. Details will be on there.