help with video projection software

bassnbuck

New elf
i am considering getting into using a projector with my other lights and i am try mapping software to make sure i understand it. Right now i have tried VPT-7 and HEAVY M my biggest problem is that i cant figure out how to save it in a format that can be played on the FPP. can someone explain how to do this. and does anyone create their own Animation? what software?

thevikester

Apprentice elf
Hey Bass...I've been in contact with both of these, to include using them personally, and then messaging them on FB, as well as group forums to see if I was missing something. You cannot save your work to any format that will be conducive with a FPP. The only saving you are doing with either one of these programs is saving the presets, i.e. video screens, inputs, etc..but nothing else. Everything that has to be done with these programs has to be done FROM these programs.
Back in the Doityourselfchristmas forum, there is a tutorial on how to do this with MS Paint, and then Adobe products, that is going to be the most cost efficient manner, or spend, at the minimum several hundred dollars on software that enables you to save to various formats.