how to draw mini tree in xlights layout

Jimbo

Full time elf
HI,

I have about 15 mini trees in my display for this year (which are conifer trees i have in th e front yard).

For each of these i am using a single string of WS2811 pixels with 50 nodes which will be wrapped around the tree from bottom to top.

I believe i need to draw a custom setup for this, however am not to sure how to draw this.

Phrog30

New elf
I used the native tree model. Just select the specifics for your model.

James

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

smeighan

Dedicated elf
In the next few releases we will have keith westleys automatic video mapper. Wrap your minitrees take a video of it running keiths special test pattern. Process that video and it produces a custom model. If u dont have trees wrapped now just use our tree model and finish sequencing. In the fall when u actually wrap trees run pattern, take video , process to your own custom model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gilrock

Full time elf
I did the same thing in my yard this past year. I had 5 mini trees with an 85 node string wrapped around it. What I did to sequence it was I created a 5x17 matrix for each tree. It doesn't look pretty on the screen and it's not going to give exact placement but it looked great when running live.

What we really need to model this is a Spirals model and I'm getting interested in trying to tackle it. Then you would specify number of spiral strands and number of nodes per and number of rotations and we would draw nice spirals for you.

markrvp

New elf
Gilrock said:
I did the same thing in my yard this past year. I had 5 mini trees with an 85 node string wrapped around it. What I did to sequence it was I created a 5x17 matrix for each tree. It doesn't look pretty on the screen and it's not going to give exact placement but it looked great when running live.

What we really need to model this is a Spirals model and I'm getting interested in trying to tackle it. Then you would specify number of spiral strands and number of nodes per and number of rotations and we would draw nice spirals for you.

I would really like that!