LED Pixel Ball

B_P_J

Full time elf
Hey guys,
So I have finally finished my first Pixel Ball,

9fhE2YCl.jpg
(in progress here)

https://youtu.be/Bf22deG9TQ0 (sorry for the vertical video, lol)
The video shows just a little of what it can do, its very bright, and looks amazing, I have used 20 Pixels (2 x 1m Pixel Strips) in this one, going to play around a little bit more later on with my others to see what other ideas I can come up with, I love the look of when it looks like it is rolling,
But for now this one is going to go home with someone at the 2016 Sydney Mini as a complete item, Ball & Pixels.

B_P_J

Full time elf
its about 550mm side to side, so its not small...
It was a lucky find, they are old Carpark Lights, I have removed all the original Light Fitting inside and made 2 straps for the LED strips to go on,
Its like a Plastic, but feels a little flexible, so not 100% sure what the material is, but lets the light through nicely.

Thinkagainagain

New elf
Cool... Maybe like a yard lamp globe, the old 70's style. I'm now on a hunt... I like this better than a star! Thanks for sharing!

scamper

Dedicated elf
bpj1980 said:
It was a lucky find, they are old Carpark Lights, I have removed all the original Light Fitting inside and made 2 straps for the LED strips to go on,
Its like a Plastic, but feels a little flexible, so not 100% sure what the material is, but lets the light through nicely.

Good work, It is amazing what you can find a use for when you get the CLAP!

Wolfie

Full time elf
bpj1980 said:
Hey guys,
So I have finally finished my first Pixel Ball,

9fhE2YCl.jpg
(in progress here)

https://youtu.be/Bf22deG9TQ0 (sorry for the vertical video, lol)
The video shows just a little of what it can do, its very bright, and looks amazing, I have used 20 Pixels (2 x 1m Pixel Strips) in this one, going to play around a little bit more later on with my others to see what other ideas I can come up with, I love the look of when it looks like it is rolling,
But for now this one is going to go home with someone at the 2016 Sydney Mini as a complete item, Ball & Pixels.

Got any photos of the guts that you made?

scamper said:
bpj1980 said:

Good work, It is amazing what you can find a use for when you get the CLAP!
CLAP? (Hoping it has a different meaning over there.)