240v wiring advice for enclosure

Hey all.... Just wanted to get an opinion on how i was thinking of approaching the distribution of 240v to a few devices in my enclosure. See pdf attached for what i was thinking.

if i am on the wrong track, any input would be appreciated.

thx

Attachments

• wiring 01.pdf
    322 KB · Views: 70

scamper

Dedicated elf
What devices are you using?
If it is just power supplies, I would go with a power board possible with a surge protector and circuit breaker. Then just wire a flylead to each of the power supplies and plug them in.
It is much safer than having 240v exposed.
One of the boxes goes under the mega tree and has switched power points for blow ups etc. the other one has a 4 way board for the power supplies inside as well as 2 usb supplies for the raspberry Pi and Ethernet switch.
No dangerous voltage to accidently touch or short out.

Attachments

• IMG_4983.JPG
    IMG_4983.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
  • 20150828_173317.jpg
    20150828_173317.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 65

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
This will work, but make sure your load is rated for the cable used and that your bridge wires are done well with no stray cable strands, this is very DIY and could be done better and safer than this as suggested by Scamper.

Now the official advice. :D
No responsibility is taken with any advice on 240v and is the responsibility of the person doing the work as doing things like this should be done by a licenced electrician as per Australian law.

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.