Hi and help!!

PhilW

New elf
Hi There

I am a newbie, sorry might need a lot of help!!

I was just about to buy a residential 16 channel started pack plus a 16 channel add on from lor, it looked fairly easy to set up a light and music show. I have lots of lights (mainly ones with controllers) some 5m rgb led lights and lots of santa's, reindeer, xmas trees etc.

I have just found out most of these will not work with lor controllers !!

I was given Hanson as a place to go, any help would be really helpful, looking for minimum 32 channels, what about sequences I have already bought a few for lor sequence editior, will they work, how do I start please??

Thanks

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
I'm a newbie too, but there's plenty of experts here. They'll tell you to read the ACL 101 manual first. :)

no problem with the LOR sequences, if you change to another sequencer like xLights you can import them OK.

i13

Dedicated elf
Sort your low voltage lights with 8 function units into 2 groups. One group with 2 wires between the 8 function unit and first light and the other group with more than 2 wires or no 8 function unit at all. These two groups need different controllers. You'll likely need to hack your store bought lights so they can share a power supply at the same voltage as each other.

You mention that you have Santas, reindeer etc. Are these ropelights? Ropelights are not as hackable.

Please give more information about the 5 metre RGB lights. Are these pixels or 3 channel RGB?

PhilW

New elf
Rgb led light are 3 channel rgb, santas reindeers etc are rope lights but steady on, not mutil function, i have got a plug adptor i have used in place of the multi function adaptor that just turns the lights on, no functions will they work on my lor 16 channel controller

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 10

i13

Dedicated elf
Probably not very well. You might get away with ON or OFF control. If the plugpack is heavy then you might have more luck than with a lightweight one.