Until Christmas

drakky

Senior elf
I was checking out a few of the members sites noticed a lot of countdown timers till christmas , some working some not , seems they rely upon an external server for these, anyways thought I'd just knock 1 based on the banner of AusChristmaslighting hope I haven't broken any rules , of course it's free for any use , basically it will countdown till christmas of any current year in days minutes seconds

sample html page , swf file and javascript runfile included in the zip file
thumb.jpg

Attachments

• until_xmas.zip
    27.1 KB · Views: 34

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
mine is stuck on zero as it is a countdown till lights on 1 dec, not Christmas.I guess we should change it after the lights are on

drakky

Senior elf
ѕυρєямαη said:
mine is stuck on zero as it is a countdown till lights on 1 dec, not Christmas.I guess we should change it after the lights are on
should be easy to modify it to countdown till lights are on only thing is people are different on what date they turn their lights on maybe an external xml file (editable in notepad) for the turn on date might be a good idea

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Definetly not breaking any rules with that. In fact its greatly appreciated and we should put this somewhere where it wont get lost in the forum.

Bird

LOR user
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
In fact its greatly appreciated and we should put this somewhere where it wont get lost in the forum.
Agreed, I'm sure that many people would think of that as a nice addition to their website.
Maybe to could say 'Until Christmas' and/or 'Until Lights On'

drakky

Senior elf
ok well I thought maybe I could make it a bit better so I've added animated snow
and make it clickable to open https://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/ in a new window

acl_xmas1.jpg

on Christmas day (1 second before midnight) the countdown timer dissappears and a Merry Christmas message shows up until New Years Eve then it goes back to countdown for the next Christmas

acl_xmas2.jpg

if you have alreay posted it on your site just replace the until_xmas.swf file and you're good to go

I'll work on a different 1 for the "Lights On"

Attachments

• until xmas.zip
    38.5 KB · Views: 33

drakky

Senior elf
Matt said:
wow, thanks Drakky, just added it to my wordpress site, and it was fairly easy to do.

Much appreciated. Just curious though, which timezone is it setup for? or is it local to the persons computer?

www.DeeJaiLights.com
you're welcome and flash drives the time from the users local computer so it doesn't matter what server timezone you're on just as long and the user's computer is set to the right time it should be correct

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome33.gif

drakky

Senior elf
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
thanks to matt and alec and ryan for helping put this on my website also
there seems to be a grey line above and below the flash file on your site , well thats how it looks on my pc , to get rid of that and blend it in on your site I would change this line of code

'wmode', 'window',

to

'wmode', 'transparent',

that should fix it

drakky

Senior elf
ok I've had a go at making a separate 1 for Until Lights On not sure if it's ok but here it is
sort of works similar to the Christmas 1 but you can change the date it goes on just incase you want to set a specific date and time your lights are getting turned on.
you have to edit an xml to put it on your site
edit the file set_time.xml with an ordinary text editor like windows notepad
it's pretty basic the text in the file is this

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<myTime>
<start_time>
<myYear>2013</myYear> (set year here)
<myMonth>11</myMonth> (11 is December , January is 0)
<myDate>01</myDate>
<myHour>18</myHour>
<myMinute>30<myMinute>
</start_time>
</myTime>

you need to change these 4
<myYear>2013</myYear> (set year here)
<myDate>01</myDate> 1st of december
<myHour>18</myHour> 6pm (24 hour time)
<myMinute>30<myMinute> 30 minutes past 6

included is a sample html file for installing
some screen shots below