Seizure Star

Add Third Star to Seizure Star?

• Total voters

Trafficman

Teach Me!!!
***** Warning Fast Blinking Lights Ahead*******

OK here we go...... Long awaited Seizure Star has arrived. Special Thanks to Andy H. for his programming talents to bring this beast alive.

Star was constructed using 12V 2811's nodes and rectangle Pixel's. Programmed in LOR using a J1sys board to run it. If want to see this part enjoy this small video of how to. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80554399/Star%20Final.MP4 New updated Link....

Thanks to all that help make this happen and the chat forum for all the time getting me to understand pixels and nodes. Forums like this bring a newbie like me off the milk bottle.... Thanks again !!

Trafficman

harrison0550

Full time elf
amazing.gif

hdracer

There is no rehab for the CLAP
Awesome teamwork guys! If i was to close my eyes and guess where Jeff is from just by voice. I would lose! OMG you sound like my neighbor! YEEHAW!!!!
I'm excited to see what comes out of this star in the future. Gonna order my wire frame this week. Thank you both for inspiring me to a new toy. Would also like to thank Geoff for his great base for this idea!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Nice work
How many channels have you gobbled up with the star?

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Pretty wild for sure. That should make some people stop and take notice I would think !
Good work.

G

GoofyGuy

Great looking star. Is there a way to make it brighter 8) ? Thats a lot of work and I plan on a trip up there to see it.

remoteutah

Full time elf
Wow!

I started to post but passed out from a seizure! Glad ya have that WARNING on there - hee hee!

Great work, guys! Very impressive

What is funny is that is not far from the truth! Leds don't kick it off for me, but if I watch the old Beatles movie, "Yellow Submarine" ... it will make me vomit every time and I will be motion sick for DAYS!

Confused about a statement you made in video about LOR not liking mixed pixels? Is that right?

Trafficman

Teach Me!!!
Remote,
What I meant was LOR and the J1sys card was unable to correct the 9 different cuts I made due to having the rectangles as RBG but sold as RGB and the nodes on the burst were truely RGB. This would mean that I had to make nine corrrections but the J1sys only allows for 4 per universe. Channels could have been redone in LOR but was faster to rewire the star. Rectangles on one universe and Nodes on another.
It is my understanding that some software can make all these changes without rewiring. (LSP)
Trafficman

remoteutah

Full time elf
Aaaahhhh ok. I follow now! and totally understand that. My "test" strip from Ray prior to making a huge order, was wired GRB - lol

I can adjust the whole string in LSP with just a few mouse clicks. But can see how that would REALLY be an issue.

Bear with me as I am a neophyte, but I believe you can reconfigure those "odd" pixels within the J1sys. I know the ECG-P2 has a string config screen that I have not needed to use because LSP make the conversion so I don't know if you can do that from there, or if the P12R has the same type of string config.

So, I am guessing that you put THOSE oddball pixels out on a different output of the P12R? Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question, but I plan to get a P12R to go with my P2.

Trafficman

Teach Me!!!
Remote,

The odd pixel's were wired in the string at 9 different locations running on one universe which I had like 345 pixels on it. So one I had a power problem plus no way to make nine corrections on the card. Fast and easy way was to rewire and put the nodes on one universe and the rectangles on another. Fixed both issue as I flip the rectangle on the card to be in the right order. I am new into this pixel stuff and learned a great lesson here. Check power if it will work and test lights to make sure they are really RGB.

Jeff

remoteutah

Full time elf
Jeff,

Gotcha! Thanks! I am new to pixels too, but not low voltage stuff. Just wanted to see if you did what I would have done. And I see that worked so I think I am getting this - lol.

HD - NEVER!