Big W equivalent strings

Gray_magic

The CLAP is highly infectous and incurable!!!
Hey guys and girls,
As I have stated in another thread I am ordering one sample string from a wholesale supplier in china. After I have tested the suitability and quality against the Big W stuff [SIZE=78%]I will be seeking interest for anyone that might be interested in a bulk buy. This supplier has a minimum purchase of 50 x 10m strings. I have spoken with the supplier on chat and he has agreed to send multiple colours in the minimum order instead of just one colour. Price will be around $6.00 per string including postage to brisbane, cheaper for some of the colours making them nearly half the price of the big W stuff. The main reason I have gone through this process is I didn't want to wait for Big W to stock their shelves and find out that green did not make the cut again... Plus we can get them all year round instead of just from October. Please leave your interests here so I can get an idea of the number of strings we might be after. Here is a link if you would like to have a look before we order. [/SIZE][font=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://top-atom.en.alibaba.com/product/429614421-212179120/24VDC_24VAC_input_for_Christmas_decor_LED_string_lights.html?edm_src=sys&edm_type=fdbk&edm_grp=0&edm_cta=read_msg&edm_time=realtime&edm_ver=e[/font]
[/size][SIZE=78%]We can also choose the colour of the wire too but we may have to debate between us which colour for the order. My thought would be black as this would be have a better uv resistance to some of the other colours.[/SIZE]

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I could well be interested in about 20 strings. I definitely would prefer black wire over clear as I had bad issues with some cheap clear wired ones a few years back.
Did you get any sort of delivery time on sample/production quantity?

I

indudio

I,d be interested in about 20 sets of green led. Are you getting them as connectable?

Gray_magic

Hey guys,
The sample I paid extra and had air freight to Brisbane so it would arrive in a week from china. Delivery on the actual order would be a few weeks. Not planning on getting them connectable, with no controllers or transformers but you could quite easily order pig tails from ebay for connecting together. if anyone requires transformers I have a bucket load from last years big w strings. Most of us don't require the transformers but you never know. I am planning black wire too AAH.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
I would be interested in..
5 x Red strings
5 x Green strings
5 x Blue strings
Maybe double those numbers too.

I don't suppose they can do them in the same voltage as BigW strings? Then the same controller channels can be used to cover the extra hedge growth! Not a deal breaker tho.

Pre-twisted Red, Green & Blue strings together to make a 300LED/10M RGB-style string would also be something I'd be keen for.

BigW started putting out Xmas Lights in the second week of September last year, so that's when we should all know what the go is. *fingers crossed for DC ropelights*

i13

Dedicated elf
I'm looking forward to hearing how the sample set is.

I'd be interested getting some single colour sets. I'm in SA.

I'll draw up the preview for this year on Vixen and see if there are any places I could add more lights. It's likely to be under 10 sets.

I don't mind what colour wire as long as it is not transparent at all.

Boomer#6

No magic smoke yet!!
If the sample is good Gray I'd be interested in
  • 30 Green
  • 20 Red
I'm in pick up distance from you

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I'd like to look at them and possible get
10 red
3 green
2 purple

Gray_magic

No worries Steve.. When I get this sample I was thinking I would bring them around to yours anyway so we can have a good look at the string quality and optimum voltages. Is that cool with you? I figured you would probably like to see them personally anyway...

Superman

Global moderator
Gray_magic said:
No worries Steve.. When I get this sample I was thinking I would bring them around to yours anyway so we can have a good look at the string quality and optimum voltages. Is that cool with you? I figured you would probably like to see them personally anyway...

No worries at all. I'm here quite a bit at the moment as you already know.

Gray_magic

I should see this sample string tomorrow. DHL came today but I was not home so it will be re delivered tomorrow. I will keep you all informed on how we go with these.

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
Hi
Planning a year ahead, and subject to quality etc for the samples, I would be interested in 40 strings each of cool white and red, (to add the extra colours to my mini trees).
Are you able to measure current draw vs voltage on the samples? I presume from the specs that these will operate at 24V DC rather than the 30+ volts we normally see for Big W lights.

Superman

Global moderator
Yes Geoff, i'll be loaded up up with a bench top variable power supply and a multimeter.

Gray_magic

So far we are looking at around 250 strings and counting... lets all hope they pass our test.. 8)