Visualizer with CCR's in DMX Mode

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
All,

Is there a way to make a RGB Matrix in the LOR Visualizer other than CCR's
I recently have been converting my CCR's to DMX and when drying to show my matrix in the Visualizer it only seems to allow LOR channels and not DMX Universes/channels.

I can create an RGB device but only get 3 channels.... I do not want to have to make a million 3 channel RGB devices to represent a Smart strip

-Vic

warsome

Wires? who needs wires!
I just saw this post.

yes there is a way, I myself from dat #1 have done this.
The initial setup was a little tricky but I have a full range of Pixel setups.

the thing is you need to add each 'one by one' but once you have a 'row' you can then copy/paste it to make your matrix / tree / other elements

The only other way, is to use the CCR wizard, this for the purpose of SuperStar will show like a CCR strip but you can customize it to your needs.

Brian (the developer) is always happy to answer questions if you email him. http://www.superstarlights.com/Other/Contact.php

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Bluzervic, I have only just done the same thing and in the process I found a program call RGB Studio written by a bloke called victor in the states. The link is http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/26528-rgb-pixel-utility/page-2 . Demo video in post No 35 and program download in post No 37. Exports pixel props for visualiser and helps with sequencing in LOR as well. Seems to work, so I thought I'd post it in case it may help others.

It creates elements for exporting to visualiser. You have to do your matrix as strips but this sure beats doing it one pixel at a time. Just in case you didn't realise, visualiser can only handle a set number of elements (pixels). I think it is 1096. If your matrix and the rest of your lights is bigger than 1096 pixels then you are in trouble. There is a program that allows you to run two visualisers at once. I have to use it so if you need that let us know and I'll post the details.