First step to the best Christmas Light Display in Australia 2014

Sam

I have got C.L.A.P
Many may know, for ages I have been procrastinating what radio transmitter to get. One of my requirements was that it was a kit and another was that it was portable (For unrelated reasons). Anyway; I couldn't decide and then one of my VCE teachers offered me a old school Dick Smith Electronics Kit. It had a crystal and stereo sound which made it perfect. Anyway after getting passed the 3 SMD components, which were a pain in the a**, it was relatively easy to build. Once I finished and went into the testing phase I worked out it was not working. After realizing it was the two components I was skeptical about, I swapped the positions (I blame the unclear instructions) and it worked. :) Yay. I then got a plastic box, cut it to shape and fit it in. Hey Presto all done! This is about 5% of the total planned projects for this years chrissy display. Finally thanks to everyone for their help so far.

Sam

Attachments

• DSCF0058.jpg
    DSCF0058.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 61
  • DSCF0061.jpg
    DSCF0061.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 47

Sam

I have got C.L.A.P
In Addition. My SMD components are circled!

Sam

Attachments

• SMD.jpg
    SMD.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Well you have made a big claim and you have started building, so the pressure is on now, less than 9 months to Christmas!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
With a thread title like that you now have to deliver. Or are you all talk and no action :D

But really everyones display is the best in Australia regardless because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What really counts is that you make an effort. :D

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Fasteddy said:
With a thread title like that you now have to deliver. Or are you all talk and no action :D

But really everyones display is the best in Australia regardless because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What really counts is that you make an effort. :D

awwwwwww *group hug*

But seriously the kids will love whatever you put up

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Kaden said:
Fasteddy said:

awwwwwww *group hug*

I just realized that the emicons seem different depending on what you are using. So on my computer they are smiles
But on my phone the first smile actually comes out as gritting my teeth like im angry, which was never the intension of the post. So this can send mixed signals and im sure you saw it as an angry face for the first emicon which in fact is a big cheesy grin.

so just for testing im going to use each emicon above in order and see how this looks on my phone

:) ;) :D :D :mad: :( :eek: 8) ??? ::) :p :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Fasteddy said:
Kaden said:
Fasteddy said:

awwwwwww *group hug*

I just realized that the emicons seem different depending on what you are using. So on my computer they are smiles
But on my phone the first smile actually comes out as gritting my teeth like im angry, which was never the intension of the post. So this can send mixed signals and im sure you saw it as an angry face for the first emicon which in fact is a big cheesy grin.

so just for testing im going to use each emicon above in order and see how this looks on my phone

:) ;) :D :D :mad: :( :eek: 8) ??? ::) :p :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

just confirmed that the emicons dont appear the same.

So on my phone the 4th emicon appears to be angry when infact it should be a big smile, there are also a few others that seem to change depending on what your using.

AussieDoug

Full time elf
There is only one thing that you need to remember once your display is finished, you need to either have a photo or video or it didn't happen.

Good luck with your build for the year & I am certain the community will think it is the best light display ever :)

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Very nice....great to see your project turned out and everything is working.

I will be watching for the production boards shortly :D

-Blu

Sam

I have got C.L.A.P
Hahhhhaha Eddy....

Thanks for the support guys. Hopefully smooth sailing and parents paying!

-Sam