Will HLS output 5.1 audio

Blue Alloy

New elf
I would like to use HLS to control an animated Halloween display. I have several Halloween Monsters, each of them have a speaker. I would like to be able to control them using HLS. I use Audacity to Export 5.1 sound files (Wav files 5.1). When I play them back with windows media player a different audio channel goes to each of the 4 speakers. I would like to be able to do that with HLS. Can HLS play wav files with more then 2 channels? if not is that something that could be added? Or does anybody know if one of the other sequencing programs will output more then 2 sound channels? I have tried to do it with vixen but it will only support 2 sound channels. So I am wondering if HLS will do what I want. Thanks.

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Welcome to ACL! I use HLS but have no idea if it will do surround. You might want to post that question in the HLS Q&A over at diyc. Good luck!
John

Habbosrus

Back again
G'day Blue, welcome to ACL. The very best person to answer that is Joe himself. It's easier to catch him on DIYC as JC suggests or you can pm him. Good luck with your plans. I used HLS for my very first show in 2013 and am a big fan of Joe's program.

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Welcome to ACL.

A few of us use HLS, but not me, maybe pop into chat and see if someone there knows?

jhinkle

New elf
Sorry - HLS works with 2 channel stereo only.

HLS directly plays the audio - does not send it to another device to play -- that is why HLS's lights and audio never get out of sync.

Joe