COSTCO Lights

Pircy

Full time elf
Costco is soon to open at the end of May in North Lakes, just north of Brisbane. They ran a stall at a local festival on Friday past. Apparently they sell everything but what caught my eye was that they will begin selling their Xmas lights range in August, long before we see them in any of the other retail outlets. Apparently they sell out long before Xmas arrives and do not get In more stock. They could not tell me what they carry or any other details but I guess August may be a month to keep in mind if you need to purchase a few light strings ;)

DanJ

Full time elf
That is really good to know. Costco is opening up its first store in Louisiana (southern US), in Baton Rouge next week. We plan to join. I will keep my eyes wide open when August rolls around!!

Pircy

Full time elf
Sounds like they have a massive world wide expansion underway. Hopefully that will mean them buying big and us getting goods at very cheap prices. The marketing guy did say they were aiming to beat our local retailers across all departments!

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Even if they equal price and quality, getting the lights earlier in year is a plus

dale82

Senior elf
Interesting, Im a member of Costco (Northlakes) i signed up a few weeks ago so im ready for the Big Opening and Bargains,

dale82

Senior elf
Not Really mate, Its only 2 hours away and I have Family in Dakabin and they are literally 2mins from Costco

Pircy

Full time elf
So happens the wife wanted to go to Costco today. Whilst there I had a chat with the dock manager, and he tells me that they currently have a trailer full of Christmas stock sitting out the back including lights. No details yet on when they will be placed on the floor for sale. He said maybe next week? Hmmmm. No details on exactly what they will sell either.