Spiral tree frames

mborg10

Michael Borg
I went to bunnings today to see what frames they had for training trees in the hope they would have something to make spiral trees out of. I found these frames which are spiral tree tamers 120cm high. The spiral that runs around the frame (as long as you use the bottom circle) with take an entire 5m pixel strip. I would have attached the strip today but in my tidy up of my workshop I've lost my zip ties. When my new delivery arrives I'll post a pic of the lights attached.
u7usy5es.jpg

AussieDoug

Full time elf
They're the ones that I have used for my trees. Makes life easier if you can just buy an item like that for about $15 vs the time & effort of making them.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Also used them the last couple of years. Tried them with strip light initially but unless you try flipping the strip as it goes around the back, you end up missing out on a lot of light pointing backwards. I ended up using the bullet shaped pixels on mine as you get to see all the lights as they go around the spiral

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I bout one of those spiral plant trainers a few years ago. When I looked on the Bunnings web site the other week I couldn't find them. I think I checked the supplier's web site too with no luck.

mborg10

Michael Borg
The spiral sits outside the legs so the strip sits on top of the frame. They had cheap frames which you could bend with your hand but these are about 4mm rod and are pretty stiff but also more expensive.

Here's a pic with 5m strip attached.
mazysugu.jpg

mborg10

Michael Borg
ShellNZ said:
lol

They are just dumb ones, cant be bothered sequencing pixel ones hehe.
I was gonna say that would be almost 5000 channels. Sequencing can be hard with so many trees but I use LSP so it's a breeze LOL

bretheron

Been bitten by the bug.
That is awesome. I looked at those frames months ago and you have saved me trial and error. Off to bunnings I go.

Baf05

Full time elf
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
ShellNZ said:
lol

They are just dumb ones, cant be bothered sequencing pixel ones hehe.
I was gonna say that would be almost 5000 channels. Sequencing can be hard with so many trees but I use LSP so it's a breeze LOL

I have 2, of 54 nodes, just trying to sequence them now, mine are smart pixels, but I am having issues, I want to go from top to bottom on the beat, so it really only needs to take half a second, but trying to make LSP do it, alludes me at this stage.... oh well, I have a few months to work it out!

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Excuse me if I have misunderstood but are you trying to get the lights to spiral down from the top of the tree to the bottom? I had my small trees doing that last year ( only 4 of them) and used the colour slider macro effect. One thing I did notice was even by putting all the trees together in one layer, and applying the macro effect, each tree would start the effect slightly behind the other rather than all at once. Never figured how to fix that but the look of one going slightly after the other still looked ok.

Baf05

Full time elf
yes that's exactly what I am trying to do, I have tried the colour macro slider, but it seems to not be working exactly how I want, it more outs every thing on, then does a spin... re your issue, in the visualiser are they two trees draw at exactly the same height?