Hi everybody!

tommy

New elf
Hi everybody. I'm Tom and live in Superior Nebraska USA. I'm part of our local Christmas decorating club and I work mostly with the computerized displays. Each year, we take over one of the local parks and decorate about a quarter mile along either side of the road. In previous years, the club hasn't had anyone to really program their own music, so they've settled for buying pre-programed stuff. And since there hasn't been anyone that's computer savy, they bought LOR controllers. This year, we are going to attempt to move into DMX for our LOR's and use a couple of Renard TR24's and about a half dozen Seasonal Entertainment 24 channel DMX controllers to run 48 dumb RGB strips. And if I can get everything to talk to a Raspberry Pi, we'll use that for our show computer running through a 6-port e1.31 dmx bridge.

Since I'm such a noob, I'm sure that I'll need plenty of help understanding how everything needs to be programmed and hooked up.

Tom

davrus

Silent elf
Hi Tommy,

You and your group seem to have the hardware side pretty much sorted.

Your other decision will be what program you will use to do the sequencing - or have you already decided on LOR for that.

There are other alternatives, some are free, some are not. There are users for all of them here, so you can get all the support that you need. The 101 guide will help you with that choice.

Good luck .... and only 4 months until Christmas !!!!

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Tom

You found the right place. Glad your here. :)

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Welcome to ACL Tom, do you have any pics/vids of your previous years? I would love to see what a park looks like lit up.