Battery powered RGB lights

924aussie

Full time elf
I am looking for a decent battery Powered controllable RGB lights to put in a a large cube

Can just be a single bulb or group of bulbs that can be controlled by a handheld remote to change colours

Alan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 36

924aussie

Full time elf
Any ideas , it will be in the shape of a xmas tree with corflute on all sides of each cube

The White corflute will the have xmas videos projected on them using video projection / mapping

The reason they need to be battery or solar operated is due to the fact we cant leave cabling along the ground

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 15

924aussie

Full time elf
Will go looking on that link, If I could find a way of plugging the RGB controllable light bulb from bunnings etc into a rechargeable battery I would be there . I did find some 12v versions of the attached 240v bulb
Putting a car battery and inverter into each cube would be rather expensive :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 8

924aussie

Full time elf
Solved my problem, going to run them off a Ups during the night and recharged the ups during the day

penguineer

Full time elf
Just saw this thread - I use a similar idea for camping lights on the motorbike.

Essentially a old/retired 12v motorcycle battery(7200Ah) with one of Ray Wu's package deals(mini rf controller + 100ct dumb node string).

Packaged up in a small boat battery box and a few waterproof connectors and I have "mood lighting" for a night or two.

At some stage in the future I want to look at a compact solar panel for recharging through the day, but at the moment I just use the same battery tender that I use on the bike when I get home.

How long does the ups last? One little thing - most ups have an audible alarm or siren when they run down to a particular threshold - just make sure you don't get close to that as having your display elements start warbling like a mad scientists experiment may ruin the Christmas effect.

Cheers!

924aussie

Full time elf
Cubes will be outside arranged / stacked in a giant xmas tree

Hense the requirement for battery operated

Each cube will have a mirabella rgb led light in them and a remote control

The remote controls come with the globes so we can just walk around the tree and change individual cubes to whatever colour we want or let them all go random

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Looks very cool.. Cant wait to see the finished product..

924aussie

Full time elf
Found someone has done similar before

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 10

924aussie

Full time elf
Waiting for the lights to arrive Jamie and the parishioners to bring the IBCs in " water tanks "

Santa may be arriving in the back if an ambo this year

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18