Whole House Model Example

smeighan

Dedicated elf
gαяєтн said:
The video is xLights running, but just exported to LOR...oh, yeh!

nice!

since all the time is laying out a preview and dave has added tools to make that easier
everyone could get a whole house model for this year.
For example, i have not yet made a PREVIEW of my house, i will finish putting up lights in the next two weeks.
I expect it to take just an hour or so and then i can create effects on the whole house.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
With that colour selection you should be running with Eiffel 65 - Blue (Da Ba Dee)
Looks good.

Boof63

Senior elf
OK Have whole house model done on XL/Nc at work on computer there, how /what do I copy to take home and install/copy across onto home computer so I don't have to reinvent the wheel again please?
cheers Boof63 :D

starzen

New elf
Looks very nice. Hope you don't mind me asking a question re LOR and getting xlights over to LOR

I currently have sequences in LOR and I want to add xlights data over to LOR

whats the best way to get everything from xlights to LOR (data as well as channel configuration)

thanks for any help

Mike

Habbosrus

Back again
Boof63 said:
OK Have whole house model done on XL/Nc at work on computer there, how /what do I copy to take home and install/copy across onto home computer so I don't have to reinvent the wheel again please?
cheers Boof63 :D

Busy, eh??? ;)

smeighan

Dedicated elf
starzen said:
Looks very nice. Hope you don't mind me asking a question re LOR and getting xlights over to LOR

I currently have sequences in LOR and I want to add xlights data over to LOR

whats the best way to get everything from xlights to LOR (data as well as channel configuration)

thanks for any help

Mike

If you just want effects for a single model , say butterfly effect on a megatree, yo do not need to import LOR data into xlights.
Define some e1.31 channels in SETUP, create a model for the megatree, add effects to it, then "Model Export"as a lor clipboard file. *.lcb. Paste this where ever you have rgb channels in LOR.

If you want to do a whole house model, without your LOR AC chjannels, again,
define channels
create all rgb models
create effects
export "Model Export"as lcb

If you want your LOR AC channels to be included int the preview
Convert LOR lms into xlights xseq
create models for your AC lights in Nutcracker tab of xlights

define channels
create all rgb models
create effects
export "Model Export"as lcb

Most people do NOT export back to LOR for performance reasons and speed
they bring in current LOR sequence
add rgb effects
play show from xlights (This is why xlights was created in 2010 , to be a show player for non rgb lights from LOR)

starzen

New elf
Sean

thanks

actually got that working today and had the mega tree running from LOR. This year I'd rather still run with lor. don't want to change too many things at once. for next year I will change my lor controllers to use DMX and then possibly switch.

Boof63

Senior elf
Hi sean how can copy xlight from one computer (whole house model etc) to another and take all the info created on one to another.
cheers Boof63

Ɠαяєтн

Mae gen i C.L.A.P ei heintus iawn
If you copy xlights_rgbeffects.xml and paste into your xLights show directory then you will have all models you created. If you also copy xlights_networks.xml you will also have any networks and channels you have created.

Basically if you copy all .xml files from the xLights show directory you will have everything you need.

DON'T FORGET, use the backup feature first before you copy anything.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Boof63 said:
Hi sean how can copy xlight from one computer (whole house model etc) to another and take all the info created on one to another.
cheers Boof63

The easiest is to just zip up your show directory and move it to the other machine. This has the disadvantage of moving very large files (8.xseq). If you dont mind that, just move the one zip file and unzip.

Now if you want to only move what is needed
xlights_rgbeffects.xml : This contains all your models, effect presets, palette
xlights_networks.xml: This is all the data from the SETUP tab
xlights_schedule.xml: This contains playlist and schedules if you are using xlights to run your show
xlights_papagayo.xml: This contains information about your singing faces.

{sequences}.xml: All xml files, one eprsequence, has all the information from the NUTCRACKER grid

Don't forget some other files you might need
*.{gif,png,jpg} Image files used by the picture effect
*.mp4 movie files that you sequenced the sound to a sequence. These are used along with the FPP to get movies to be synced to animated lights

Files you dont need
*.xseq. These are easily recreated by doing a save in the NUTCRACKER tab
*.lms,*.vix: If you are moving to another computer will you do conversions there also.

If you dont have images, then getting all the xml files will be enough.

thanks
sean