ECG-P2 stopped working

scamper

Dedicated elf
double check your network is still active also.
I had a similar problem where I had it working for ages, then 1 day I couldn't connect, It turned out my laptop lost the second network (10.10.10.0)
I set it up again and all good.

I can't help with the other issue however :-[

Dave H

Apprentice elf
When I powered back up both ethernet lights went out, while the two lights on the board were still on with the furthest one from the front in rapid flash mode. Ed sent me an email and suggested that I return the P2. Great response time for this time of year. It is currently on it's way to Knoxville.........

will let you know the status in a week or so. Hopefully the connection to LOR will fix itself

Dave H

Apprentice elf
I wouldn't think the P2 pulls that much current that would warrant a 2 amp fuse, was considering a 1 amp since I will also be powering the lights separate from the controller.

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Will e interesting to see what Ed finds out with it. I have a P2 as well but it is working great so far. I use a 1 amp fuse on mine as I fuse my lights separately as well but I also have my bench setup with 4 power supplies with fused output strips so I can test different stuff a lot.
I am using 5 volt strings and strips and have not worked with 12 volt stuff on pixels yet although I will be testing some 12 volt stuff next spring.

Dave H

Apprentice elf
I received the P-2 (new board) back today. According to Ed's investigation it was a bad ethernet chip. It worked fine when he started to test it and then started to exhibit the same problems I was encurring.

Great customer service and turn around time from J1sys.

NOW.......
I'm still having issues with LOR S3 talking to the unit. Guess I'll start a new post for that.

Thanks to all that helped