How do i run power to rgb strips

fisherman888

New elf
Hello all,
OK im a noob. I have purchased 12 rgb 5 volt 5m strips. They need power injected at both ends. I have purchased 2 350watt power supply's to power them. I am just not sure how to run the power. Can i run it in parallel or do they all need to be home runs. Sorry im really new to this. I did read the 101 manual on this and didnt see any information about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Justen

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
fisherman888 said:
Hello all,
OK im a noob. I have purchased 12 rgb 5 volt 5m strips. They need power injected at both ends. I have purchased 2 350watt power supply's to power them. I am just not sure how to run the power. Can i run it in parallel or do they all need to be home runs. Sorry im really new to this. I did read the 101 manual on this and didnt see any information about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Justen

If you run the injection cable in parrallel then you must ensure the cable is large enough to carry the current for the amount of strip used without causing too much voltage drop. Most will run a seperate cable back to the power supply because running parrallel like this can be very expensive with the cost of cables

So the best way is to run the cables back to the power supplies for injection. And if you have only read the 101 manual once then i suggest read it again because most find they miss a lot of info the first time around.

fisherman888

New elf
thank you
i just started to read it again last night.
ill go over it all and repost if im still confused.