Songs you want to see deep six / trashed / fedup hearing

Nodent

Apprentice elf
Hello,

I been listening to Christmas songs all year, and I must say I really am not fond of "All I Want For Christmas Is You" song by MARIAH CAREY WAY over played

I would like to see it burn. :p

I must say, out of Holidays, Halloween has the best picks IMO

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Pretty well any of the songs that have charted, have nothing to do with Christmas and in a year or 2 will be considered cringe-worthy. Last years Gangnam Style and this years All About The Bass are 2 that should be deep sixed.

mborg10

Michael Borg
What does the fox say and gangnam style are definitely overdone. Although hasn't been done yet I fear "let it go" will be the next big overkill. I prefer the old classic carols but the kids stay a bit quite. Throw on some wiggles and they go nuts. I still always throw a dubstep song in there. They are very easy to sync as they have very clear and consistent beats.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
The traditional Christmas songs you can bring back over the years as they are afterall...... Christmas songs.
Songs like The Fox and Gangnam style have their day when popular but then probably shouldn't be repeated.
I found The Fox went down really well last year but certainly won't be repating it this year.
Any song from Frozen would have to be a must this year for the kids.... but for this year. Next year only if it's from Frozen II (although unless they lose Summer, I guess there won't be a Frozen II ::) )

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Learned two things today. Had never heard the phrase deep six before and hadn't heard of dubstep. Had a sheltered life up until now apparently.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Dubstep is good for popping and locking.
Check out this vid for a good example on how to use dubstep (about the 3.00 mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2fVRedQVR0

bretheron

Been bitten by the bug.
You have just posted my all time favourite Christmas light sequencing. I think the whole thing of that is fantastic and have watched it too many times this year, but I can not get away from doing true Christmas songs myself. Although I do have a bit of Dubstep at the end.

I could not even bring myself to do any of the Frozen songs. I do still have "all I want for Christmas I you" in there still. I just could not help myself. It is only my second year, so I will probably get sick of it quickly.

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Mariah is back here this year after a couple of years holiday ..... not much choice she who shall be obeyed and here friends want it back.

& She who will be obeyed (in training) has instructed that Frozen is a requirement

Christmas on Clarafield

Full time elf
I was given the choice of which version of Let it Go I was going to use for our display this year by the Director of Musical Opinion and the two sub directors. So far it hasn't been too much of an issue but I feel it is only going to be a one season sequence.
For me, I could never stand Gangnam Style on the radio, let alone for a Christmas display. I'm also a little over Wizards in Winter myself. I could listen to any Christmas music continually but I agree that all songs could use a break every now and then.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
This is why im a supporter of music mixes, you can have a heap of different songs and even throw in a sample of those 'popular' songs without actually having the pain of listening to the whole song.

MarcD

Full time elf
I know this will start a war, but I'm going to say it anyway. Wizards In Winter! I get that it's a great song to write sequences for, but it's not a Christmas song and never has been. Christmas lights should be to Christmas songs and the occasional hit song to attract attention (eg Let It Go).

Flame suit on.

firebug

Senior elf
MarcD said:
I know this will start a war, but I'm going to say it anyway. Wizards In Winter! I get that it's a great song to write sequences for, but it's not a Christmas song and never has been. Christmas lights should be to Christmas songs and the occasional hit song to attract attention (eg Let It Go).

Flame suit on.

flamesuit.gif
flame.gif