50mm 3m opaque tube - bulk buy

mborg10

Michael Borg
I have emailed a few companies on alibaba to try and get some opaque tube to make arches out of.
I have asked for 3m lengths.
Some ask for min order of 100m to 500m
I'm looking at between 30m to 60m for myself.

You could even use it to line edges of your house. Just a way to give nice colour dispersion

I'm not sure how flexible the tube is but some say it can be used for light advertisement. I'm sure I could make a jig, fill the tube with hot sand and bend it to the correct radius.

If anyone else is interested in the tube post here and when I get prices we could work out a bulk buy.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Beacy said:
would be interested in it but UV resistance may be an issue
I'll get prices first and ask the question. The ones they use for advertisement may not have an issue.

mborg10

Michael Borg
ԆцряєсϮ said:
Id be requesting some samples for testing before you make any large orders, not easy to return stuff to Choina!
Good idea. Last thing you want is tube that no light shines thru. It just seems impossible to find something in aus.

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
Good idea. Last thing you want is tube that no light shines thru. It just seems impossible to find something in aus.

Light shining thru can be an issue. Saw an wonderful igloo made out of used 2litre milk bottles about 1200 high with lights inside. Trouble is they used the ones made from the new light-proof plastic sold in NZ mmmmm :-[

mborg10

Michael Borg
Ok looks like I have found some 50mm OD 2mm wall thickness UV stabilized white tube that allows light thru. Only thing is it is rigid. They are sending me a sample and I will do a test with lights and see if I can bend it using the hot sand trick. By the price they have me and waiting for freight. I estimate about $140 for 8x3m lengths making 8 arches with 2.5m strip inside. That's under $18 per arch max. I'll need about a dozen participants.

mborg10

Michael Borg