2.x Vixen 2 weird issue

justinj

Apprentice elf
I'm having a weird issue with Vixen this year that I haven't seen before. I'm using the same program as last year, I've just added a new sequence to it. This new sequence has new display features in it so it has a new profile which was a copy of last years profile but with more channels added to it. When I put the new sequence into last years program running with last years profile the new song has no lights, only music (Despite the channels from last year being the exact same order and channel #). If I put the new sequence in and choose to run it with this years profile then last years sequences don't work. Now the even stranger bit, if I have last years profile running and then choose stop, load up the SEQUENCE ONLY for this year, then this years sequence doesn't work. I have to quit Vixen completely and then reload either the sequence only or restart the schedule timer. If the sequence plays first then the schedule timer doesn't work. When I try opening last years sequences and attach them to this years profile they don't work.
I'm really at a loss of why it's happening.
Further to all that, with this years sequence I have an issue at the end where instead of doing a gradual fade as per screenshot, it flashes on for probably 1-2 event time frames, then off for 1-2, then it would come on and stay on (Wouldn't fade, even when the sequence was finished) until the controller timeout cancelled the lights due to no data.

Attachments

• endshot.png
    endshot.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 6

justinj

Apprentice elf
Just in case someone else has the same issue, I managed to fix mine. The issue with the profiles was resolved by creating a new sequence and copy-pasting the data from the old to the new one under the new profile. Then, despite having the same channel data it worked for some reason. As for the section at the end, it turns out all the lights flashing at once caused the power supply running some of the controllers to not provide enough power to the controllers and I'm assuming they reset themselves. Not sure why some of the controllers resetting caused others to hang too, but after taking out a section of lights all is well again :)