Advice for AC Dimmer for 60 Volt light bulbs.

mookai1973

New elf
Dear All,

How can I find dmx AC dimmer for 60 Volt light bulbs or other solution to use for lighting control please recommend. I'm try to search solution on website to use with this light bulbs but can not see any information.

My local electrical[SIZE=small] is 220 volts.[/SIZE]
[/size]
[font=arial, sans-serif][/size] [SIZE=small][/font]
[/SIZE]
[/size][SIZE=small] Regards,[/SIZE]
[/size][SIZE=small] KAI[/SIZE]

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I personally would hate to use a 240V control on 60V lights. You may get it to work but there is always the chance that you will end up with 240V direct across the 60V light. Depending on how many of the lights you have I would be tempted to use a transformer to bring the voltage down to 60V or alternatively you could you a light-o-rama DC board which is capable of switching 60V C. Your only issue then would be sourcing a 60V DC power supply to suit the lights.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
My mistake i read it as 220v but now see the 60V light, so the LOR controller option will not work alone. You will need to use a transformer or power supply to get the voltage to where you need it to be

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
You "can" use a lor AC board to contol 16 channels directly if you wanted to mod it. If you are knowledgeable enough to know how then its safe to do it. If you aren't knowledgeable enough then you won't find me giving you the info :)
There's biteys voltages involved and I won't advise novices so that they won't get bitten.

It is possible to use 8 of the 16 channels off a 60V transformer with no issues however.

Fasteddy said:
My mistake i read it as 220v but now see the 60V light, so the LOR controller option will not work alone. You will need to use a transformer or power supply to get the voltage to where you need it to be

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
He could still use the 220/240v option if he wants to series up the bulbs into 4 bulb lots, this way each light will see around 55 volts at 220v. But that will mean controlling 4 bulbs at a time

mookai1973

New elf
Thanks so much for all information, OK I would try to series with 4 bulbs first.

KAI

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Just remember that when wiring lamps in series they must all be the same type and wattage.

If not, the voltage will not be shared equally among them and some could see way more than their rated voltage.