Help! Falcon Pi Player 5.1 or 7.1 Audio Settings using Sound blaster X4 7.1

louieadelatorre

New elf
HELP!

I'm new to Falcon Pi Player, and I love using its wireless and synchronization capabilities. However, when I set the "Audio Output Device" to my USB Sound Blaster X4 and "Audio Channel Layout" to 7.1, I can only hear the Left and Right channels; I can't hear the other six audio channels. This setting is found in Audio/Video under Status/Control, FPP Settings in the web browser window, not in the SSH shell CLI.

Is there any other setting I need to adjust to activate the other channels?

It's weird that I can still play pink noise through all 7.1 channels using "sudo speaker-test -D hw:3,0 -c 8" in the SSH shell. However, when I play a video or audio file with 8-channel mono, only the front left and right audio play, not the other channels. I also tested the 8-channel mono audio file to play in the video_looper; it played all the channels: Front L&R, Side L&R, Rear L&R, and C&LFE.

I've been using Video_Looper for a long time for our video playback on a Raspberry Pi 3. In "Video_looper," I was able to change the ALSA configuration from stereo to 7.1 audio using the same "USB Sound Blaster X4 7.1 sound card." In Video_Looper, you can open ALSA with "sudo nano /etc/asound.conf" and add the following lines:

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave.pcm {
type hw
card 1
device 0
channels 6 # Adjust this line based on the number of channels you want
}
}

ctl.!default {
type hw
card 1
}

In "sudo nano /boot/video_looper.ini," you can add these lines:

hw_device =
hw_vol_file =
hw_vol_control = PCM
sound = alsa
sound_vol_file = sound_volume
extra_args = --vol 1000 --layout 7.1 --no-osd --audio_fifo 0.01 --video_fifo 0.01 --align center --font-size 55

This way, you can get 8 channels from the RPi 3 using the video_looper dietpi version. Is there any way in Falcon Pi to change these settings and set the proper 7.1 settings for it?

I hope someone knows how to set up 7.1 properly using the USB Sound Blaster X4 model.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 11.37.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 11.37.33 PM.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 6