Lytworx 400 Curtain Lights - 7 sets possible?

MrChristmas

New elf
Hi,

I purchased and installed 6xsets of the Lytworx 400 Curtain light sets at my place along the back fence over the weekend and they look great.

Only bug bear I have however is the manufacturers limitation on only being able to connect 6x sets. If I was able to connect 1 more set (7 sets total) then my whole back fence would be covered. As it stands I have this annoying 2m section that remains dark and irritates me.

Notwithstanding the manufacturer I am sure has calculated the max load with the transformer that is provided with the set, but does anyone have any thoughts / ideas on if I purchased another set for 7 sets connected if there is a way to ensure this operates safely and not damage the LEDS? Eg a different transformer or some other solution?

I have attached images of the product purchased and the tech data / transformer specs below.

62008.h.jpeg

1.jpg2.jpg

MrChristmas

New elf
if you are just running them on a solid white - you could just put a double adaptor on the power and run a set of 3 and a set of 4.
This is a good idea - as the gap is positioned right at the start of my run I could simply buy another set and plug is right there.

Better than having a dark spot. And yes the idea is to have solid /static lighting.

Thanks

MrChristmas

New elf
I connect 4-5 strings of the 1-2 only linkable sets all the time, don't tend to have any issues, usually you just need a bigger power supply.
The products you link as mentioned above - are these part of the Lytworx range?

Do you use a bigger power supply or are you just using the standard issue transformer that comes with the Lytworx sets?

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
Yeah I have the lytworks "traditional" looking led strings, you can connect up to 3? of them from memory, I just used a 15W transformer, they get a little dimmer towards the end, to be expected but it saves having dozens of extra wires.