roofline spitting in two directions...Tee?

raymondclow

New elf
First of all thank you for stopping by and checking out my post, I am not sure if this will be the proper forum but ive been searching around and trying to figure out what would be the best way to tackle this, I did find another post with the same issue but didnt really have a solution. As you can see in the image, I am trying to continue using virtual strings by just utilizing one port on my FV16v3, the only issue is when coming to the top portion of the eaves is where im stuck, I still have plenty of ports left empty so If i had to i would run another connection but i just wanted to keep it cleaner with one connection. I am not sure if a null pixel would work for this case? It's jus trying to get the pixels to flow left and right will be and issue, Im not sure if this will be a setting in xlights/ falcon controller? I just wanted to see what the pros out there would do in this scenario. Like i said, I have extra ports i can use but just wanted to keep less wires going up there. THanks in advanced.Screenshot 2023-12-04 202707.png

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I don't see any way around needing to use 2 data runs in that situation. If you fed it from one end just one port would do.

raymondclow

New elf
I think the only issue would be that those two ends are "Data in" since the strand starts at the bottom left of the house, this is what happens when you get deeper in the hobby and try to add something new each year. lol

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
I started running into the same issues. Why I have a controller approximately every 20-30 feet and utilize receivers to keep data runs as short as possible to the prop. One controller in the middle of the display and couple receivers would make life much easier if only using one controller. Only one controller and is located to the left of the garage? You could probably make this work with null pixels, f-amps etc. You'd need to get data out from the end of the string on top left back to the string on the right side. I'm guessing thats at least 40 feet? Of course this would need some power injection, but I'm assuming there is already power injection

raymondclow

New elf
I started running into the same issues. Why I have a controller approximately every 20-30 feet and utilize receivers to keep data runs as short as possible to the prop. One controller in the middle of the display and couple receivers would make life much easier if only using one controller. Only one controller and is located to the left of the garage? You could probably make this work with null pixels, f-amps etc. You'd need to get data out from the end of the string on top left back to the string on the right side. I'm guessing thats at least 40 feet? Of course this would need some power injection, but I'm assuming there is already power injection
When I started that's where my controller was, inside the garage on the left, at the time I didn't think of the future of the hobby, it was just the outline at the garage... And now, the controller still sits inside the garage but on the right side.... Closer to where all the props will be added. I do have extra ports unused and this year I added a smart receiver for some snowflakes which sits outside on the ground directly under where the split is so I still have two extra ports at the smart receiver that I can use and it will be ideal... In all I just wanted to keep it cleaner with less wires on the roof.

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
The only way I see it happening is like I said. The green line is data out from string one to two on the left. The yellow line is data out from string two to string three on the right. This will require F-Amps, null pixels, Cat 5 for data etc. It should be doable.

Attachments

• Raymond.png
    Raymond.png
    200.5 KB · Views: 5

raymondclow

New elf
The only way I see it happening is like I said. The green line is data out from string one to two on the left. The yellow line is data out from string two to string three on the right. This will require F-Amps, null pixels, Cat 5 for data etc. It should be doable.
Ha! Color coding is much better 😂 I see what you mean... But definitely f-amps or null pixels to keep that data flowing. Thank you so much for your help trying to figure out what options I had.

Johnnyboy

Full time elf
You could run it like this, but will need quite a few extension cords. Workable with power injection
1701766946450.png

I link quite a few roof props together as well, but not just on the one port. Each colour is below is a different port connected to a receiver in the roof
1701767011036.png

raymondclow

New elf
ok, I see how i can chain it through the window as stated by @uncledan, I went ahead i showed where all my data going in and out are, additionally where my controllers are setup, with the only thing that my actual falcon controller being inside of the garage but the smart receiver being outside where it depicts the location. That's why i can always split them up using either controller since i have ports that are avaiable but I just wished i had thought about the setup before permanently putting the roof outline pixels up. Maybe there is still a posibility to work something out if not this year, maybe next? It's just a mess how i started off a few years back lol

Screenshot 2023-12-05 070916.png

Last edited: