Trouble with connecting to BBB/ HE123D over LAN and WIFI

felsy

New elf
Hi all,

I have a problem with connecting to my HE123D, this is my first year running this and have had it running flawlessly up until the other night when we had some switch/router issues, and had to re-setup our network but had same configuration as before, and now I cannot connect to FPP in browser or xlights.

I was unable to reconnect to the BBB/HE123D, tried powering down/ resetting, changing network settings via buttons on the HE123D. I tried connecting via usb and nothing worked. (think I may have corrupted the SD)

So I removed the SD card and reinstalled FPP connect via USB and set it up, but I still can not connect over wifi or LAN only via USB. I can see the controller connected on my router but I cannot reach it through web browser or FPP connect in Xlights.

So next I remove the BBB from the HE123D, reflash FPP onto SD, set it up and everything works, and connects to wifi, so then I reconnect it to the HE123D and now it wont connect to wifi or LAN.

Any help/ ideas would be appreciated

Kimbo3000

Apprentice elf
Hey,

I too are having similar problems with my BBB connected to a HE123v1 controller. For me, the light on the network switch periodically flashes on and off again (stays of for a few seconds then off again for 5-10s).. is this the same for you also?
Your problem may not be the same as mine.

Things I found online while searching for a solution (not specifically HE123.. but BBB in general):
- IP conflict with BBB and something else on the same network
- dodgy cables
- BBB not getting enough power (maybe bad wiring connection?)

I too have to work through my problem today. I will keep an eye on this thread.. and maybe start my own to resolve the issue..

Good Luck
Kimbo

felsy

New elf
Hey,

I too are having similar problems with my BBB connected to a HE123v1 controller. For me, the light on the network switch periodically flashes on and off again (stays of for a few seconds then off again for 5-10s).. is this the same for you also?
Your problem may not be the same as mine.

Things I found online while searching for a solution (not specifically HE123.. but BBB in general):
- IP conflict with BBB and something else on the same network
- dodgy cables
- BBB not getting enough power (maybe bad wiring connection?)

I too have to work through my problem today. I will keep an eye on this thread.. and maybe start my own to resolve the issue..

Good Luck
Kimbo
I havent checked the network switch lights but will have a look, the weird thing is i can now get it to connect over WIFI if the BBB isn't connected to the HE123D, but when its connected to the HE123D i cannot get it to connect to WIFI or LAN

I might check the voltage and see if thats changed.

Thanks

Kimbo3000

Apprentice elf
Another note.

We "blew up" one of our HE123v2 controllers coz we (not me) connected 12V into the 5V input for the controller power input. The controller no longer functions, but I took the BBB off and bench tested that briefly and it appears to still work.. so maybe double check this?

I'm probably not knowledgeable enough to sort out your problem.. but to get more info for someone else.. how is your wifi connected on the BBB? (USB? if so what brand?) - I dont use wifi at all on it.. so I have no idea about that.

Kimbo

felsy

New elf
Another note.

We "blew up" one of our HE123v2 controllers coz we (not me) connected 12V into the 5V input for the controller power input. The controller no longer functions, but I took the BBB off and bench tested that briefly and it appears to still work.. so maybe double check this?

I'm probably not knowledgeable enough to sort out your problem.. but to get more info for someone else.. how is your wifi connected on the BBB? (USB? if so what brand?) - I dont use wifi at all on it.. so I have no idea about that.

Kimbo
Power is connected correctly and hasnt been changed since it was working in the first instance, howerver when i get home i will check the voltage as you mentioned this could be an issue, maybe my powersupply is having a problem.

i'm using a mini TPlink USB wifi adapter.

thanks for you input, its frustrating and time consuming trying to get this working when it had previousy worked.......

Snicko

Apprentice elf
What version of FPP Are you running?
v7.3 base had an issue of when Ethernet was plugged in it would disconnect wifi - A uprgade resolved it fo rme