Xlights on Mac crashing while trying to render

Merry McSnowballs

Apprentice elf
Hi All

Can anyone out there read and understand a crash log file to help me understand why my Xlights is crashing.

Thank you

MikeKrebs

Full time elf
I don't see your log file. Did you attach?

What are the symptoms? Is it anything like a simple animation that crashes or a specific sequence?

What version OS and xLights are you working with?

Merry McSnowballs

Apprentice elf
I don't see your log file. Did you attach?

What are the symptoms? Is it anything like a simple animation that crashes or a specific sequence?

What version OS and xLights are you working with?
Hi Mike

I have attached the file.
I have 3 sequences that cause Xlights to shut down when i try to render. I have 4 or 5 others that have no problem. I can't work out what the problem is as the others have the same models. The sequence I have attached doesn't have anything really special. No shaders only singing faces but they are in the other sequences.

I am running MacOS BigSur v11.7.10
Xlights 2023.21

Attachments

• xLights_dbgrpt-31811-20231220T101109.zip
    176.1 KB · Views: 2

MrCamo

New elf
Apologies I haven't checked the logs for you, however, I fixed mine from crashing constantly on my mac by turning off video hardware decoding in preferences. Might be worth a crack

Merry McSnowballs

Apprentice elf
Apologies I haven't checked the logs for you, however, I fixed mine from crashing constantly on my mac by turning off video hardware decoding in preferences. Might be worth a crack
You are a genius. That has fixed it. Thank you

fugley

Apprentice elf
that also used to happen to myself on a PC with large sequences ... I put it down to my silly mistake of ticking the box "hardware video decoding"
altho after reading this post i thought id have another go as id changed the video card (saddly not your avg video card ppl will the need for) and i see things are ok with a Quadro M4000