Don't buy Lytworx leds from Bunnings

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I bought a heap of lights from bunnings this year and when it all failed in one way of another I took it all back and got my money back on Boxing day. Bargain..

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
yeah,
lost a transformer from a set of icicles. and 1 section each in 2 rope lights.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
My 2-wire board design is done and chips have been ordered. Just need to get some bare boards made. Should have something to show and pricing in a few weeks time.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
AAH kept pestering me to test my 2-wire board so today I finally did.

After fixing one small error it worked perfectly. It controls 6 2-wire light sets so uses 12 channels.

The input is WS2801 so can driven from almost any pixel board.

Shorting an output results in that output turning off until the power is cycled off/on.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Sounds good David. I gather the new controller can dim the two wire lights. Can it be daisy chained.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
You have full control (dimming) over each channel. It has pixel input and output connectors so can go inline (data wise) with WS2801 strings / modules / strips.

Brett82

New elf
I'm only new to this, so I might be misunderstanding. But does this mean that there is hope for my lights I bought from Big W and Bunnings over the last two years. Two sets have three wire but the rest are all the two wire type. Forgive my ignorance if this is a simple question.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
The 2 wire lights that are now becoming prevalent is exactly what Davids board is designed for.

I'm currently doing an 18 channel dmx controlled board for the same style of lights. It will be weeks away still as I won't finish it until early this week and then it will be a few weeks before i get my next batch of boards done.

highlanddancer

New elf
I'm in the same boat with being new to this & just realised that about half of my current lights are 2 strings. Itd be interested in purchasing some controllers (at the Melbourne mini?) if possible please. I have the masters boxes to put them into.

gerry

Senior elf
David_AVD said:
You have full control (dimming) over each channel. It has pixel input and output connectors so can go inline (data wise) with WS2801 strings / modules / strips.

Can it be done for inline source=WS2811 as well ?

videoman3857

Full time elf
I am new to this. Brand new. So new I am green. and I wish I found this site before I started doing Christmas lights last year.
I purchased 44 x 10 mtr rope lights, and 100 x 500 - 600 string lights - the majority after Christmas when everything was a bargain- you know $48 marked down to $ 10.
99 % of my lights are two wire and I was looking at a LOR CTB16PC to control the lights.
I also noticed that there was a delay from when I turned the power on to when they illuminated and resolved myself to the fact that these lights will have to be run in a sequence that does not involve timing with music.
I was just about to go out and string myself up when I stumbled on this site. [/size]I had hypothesised that the lights use an alternating DC circuit, but not being a techno head, I wasn't sure.
I can tell you right now @David_AVD I will be standing in line for quite a number of your controllers. - what a life saver!
In the meantime I have purchased some LOR CMD cards and ordered some RGB Dumb pixel strips to experiment with.
Now that I know about Ray Wu and the alternatives to LOR (the only ones I knew about) my display will step up even more.
Looking forward to meeting people at the Mini Christmas Expos in Brisbane in June .