Leaping pixel arches

damo1271

Full time elf
I have finally finished building and assembling the first of 4 leaping pixel arches and since they seem to have worked thought I'd share how they were made.
I saw the no dig garden edging idea floating around some of the forums, but of course it isn't available here in Australia, so created my own version. Using 25mm plastic right angle from Bunnings (about $5 for 2.4m length) I drilled the 12mm holes for the pixels.
I made a jig so each hole would have the same spacing. I then made another 'cutting' jig and sliced out the gaps between each hole using a hacksaw. This took about 30 minutes per arch but with the jig its very simple.

The plastic angle is tek-screwed onto some flat 25mm galv steel to give it some rigidity.

Using the same 25mm galv steel I made brackets that attach to some 'feet' made of scrap timber. My arches will be 4 units wide, but could be expanded to any number of arches.
I still need to add some support wires to stop the arches swaying side-side, and probably a couple of guy wires to anchor the arches during strong winds.

The whole thing is bolted together so it will store flat when not in use. :)

Now just need to fit some pixels and bolt the other 3 units together...

Attachments

• Arch1b.jpg
    Arch1b.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 346
  • arch2b.jpg
    arch2b.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 228

timm1811

New elf
Good joob on customosing you own. The stuff is avaliable its called link edge and masters has the stuff

abundy

Full time elf
Hey Damo, which section of bunnings did you get the 25mm plastic right angle.
I went through the store and couldn't see them, but as i am a guy i only did a guy look.

damo1271

Full time elf
abundy said:
Hey Damo, which section of bunnings did you get the 25mm plastic right angle.
I went through the store and couldn't see them, but as i am a guy i only did a guy look.
The plastic angle is in the building section near the timber and gyprock supplies. In all the stores Ive been in, its normally on a rack and stands vertically.