Tune-to controller for P10 panel

Wolfie

Full time elf
Box landed just fine here in Wisconsin. Thank you David.

Re: Longer Cable

I used an old floppy disk cable during my testing on my arduino uno setup. I trimmed off the extra connectors at the end (that were for a 2nd drive and 5-1/4) leaving only the connector for the motherboard and the one that went on the drive. Then I popped those off the ribbon cable. I used a hacksaw to cut the connectors to the right length and peeled the ribbon cable back to the right width. Then I re-seated the connectors back on the cable (after trimming about 1/4" off for a clean connection). Its about 3' long and works perfectly off the uno. I presume it would work off David's board too.

What the max length is, I don't know. But I can tell you that 3' works here.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Special thanks To David who helped me out with a new board as i gave him the wrong address for the first one.

I have it all up and running and works great.

Once again thanks david

now to build a case for my double sided tune to sign

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
hi David,

Board received thanx ! sorry for the late reply, been away on Hols, still going thru my backlog..

Cheers
Fing

richardd

Full time elf
David, I previous brought two boards and after testing I put them in a safe place, we know how that goes and now for the the life of me I can't find them. Looks like I will need a replacement form you have any

richardd

Full time elf
That what I'm hopping, Like as soon as you call up to canceled a lost credit card and hang up the phone you find it...

In any event, can you please keep 2 asides for the next few days while I tear apart my house in case I can't find them?

Thanks
Richard

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
richardd said:
In any event, can you please keep 2 asides for the next few days while I tear apart my house in case I can't find them?

No problems Richard. I think I have exactly two left.

Wolfie

Full time elf
heathwithnoteeth said:
if anyone has a good solution for housing these, can they post it up... I am running out of smarts at the moment. :)
Sticky tape it to the back of the P10. When you wetherproof your P10, you weatherproof the driver board at the same time.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
heathwithnoteeth said:
if anyone has a good solution for housing these, can they post it up... I am running out of smarts at the moment. :)

I'd be interested to hear other's feedback on this, as I may apply the same principle to my large matrix. My Tune-to will be sitting in my bedroom window away from the weather.

Wolfie

Full time elf
My plan is (was) to have an aquarium maker build an upside down aquarium for mine. Basically a rectangular cube with a removable bottom plate. Then use 2 cable glands in the top. Cables long enough to reach out the glands and down to the panel. One will carry the power for the panel and controller. The other basically for looks and hanging the sign.

Draw the double sided panel up inside and tighten the glands. Screw a vented bottom plate in place. Hang from tree branch by the aforementioned cables.

I got busy and distracted. So I didn't ever get to a local aqurium maker. So I will have to punt for Halloween. Hope to get it made between Halloween and Christmas.

livetoride

Full time elf
Build it in a box, put plexi glass in the front with the p10 behind it. Waterproof paint the timber and your set!