Matrtix build

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
OK, I've decided to add a matrix this year and I need some ideas.
How has everyone been housing there P10's?
I intend to manufacture some type of frame but just after others experiences.
Also what weather-proofing have you all been using?

Cheers
Rod

Kitman

Full time elf
Darylc showed some Outdoor waterproof P10 panels at the Adelaide Mini which interested me. Only the front of them were waterproof not the back.

You still need to waterproof the back of them but that seems like it would be a lot easier than having to waterproof the whole thing front and back.

I have been meaning to ask him where he got these from, but I also can't remember if they were the correct scan rate or not lol, I was half asleep at the mini after only having a few hours sleep so things are a bit of a blur.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I've asked the same questions of some members and I think I'm settling on a wooden frame to house the panels, and then cover the whole front (and let it overhang the back a little) with some thin clear vinyl/plastic from Bunnings or Spotlight (not sure exactly which one yet)
This woudl be attached to the fram so that the front is wrapped like a painting canvas if that makes sense.
Another tip I got was to cover the back in corflute to help protect it a little more. Mine will be against a side fence and I think I'll house the PSU in a box on the ground, to help reduce the profile of the matrix a little, making it closer to the fence so less chance fo weather to get near it.

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Yeah I think that's the way I'll go as well. There doesn't seem to be anyone who's done one so I'll have to put the R & D hat back on.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk